OFFICERS and VIRUS SOFTWARE Problems! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Officers - The Matrix Edition >> Tech Support

ceb2 -> OFFICERS and VIRUS SOFTWARE Problems! (1/30/2010 3:02:14 PM)

Thought I'd post this in case someone else has experienced the same problems with Officers. In spite of the fact that I've whitelisted the game (AKA as adding it to an exlcusion list) in my virus settings I still get a problem about once a week with it not allowing the game to run. BTW, I had to whitelist Officers on both "manual scan" and "auto-scan" in my Virus App.

Now, I always do my Vista gaming with the UAC disabled and the Virus App OFF. But when going online I activate it. Once a week the Virus App does automatic scan of my PC and of course, it picks up Officers as "malware" in spite of the whitelisting. I thought I was going to have to perform another uninstall and reinstall. However, I went into the Virus App and under "Settings" I found the "Quarantine Heading" and opened that. There I found the "Officers.exe" listed as the only "malware" showing. My Virus App has a RESTORE option for any "malware" listed and upon doing this I was able to start Officers again.

I use the Virus Program provided by my Internet Provider, and I realize that there are many different Virus programs with different features. However, I would assume that all probably include the aformentioned features in some form or another that I used to get the game running again.

Now, whenever Officers fails to start I know how to remedy the problem easily. I hope this works for you too.

Erik Rutins -> RE: OFFICERS and VIRUS SOFTWARE Problems! (2/2/2010 11:34:33 PM)

Thanks, ceb. This is a problem that was specific to only two anti-virus programs that we are aware of, and one of them already fixed the problem when we reported the "false positive" to them. Hopefully the other will do the same soon. What anti-virus software are you running?

ceb2 -> RE: OFFICERS and VIRUS SOFTWARE Problems! (2/3/2010 12:54:17 AM)

Erik,
I'm using a virus app furnished by my Internet Provider CenturyLink (formerly Embarq). They are using a Virus Program called "F-Secure." BTW, I'm in Florida, but CenturyLink I think covers from this state all the way up through the Carolinas if I'm not mistaken.

www.CenturyLink.com

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI