European Theater mod? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios

goodfoot -> European Theater mod? (2/2/2010 6:37:18 PM)

I'm sure this question's been asked a thousand times but has anyone dreamt up the idea to create a mod or an entire game for the entire theater, not just these ultra-specific time periods? I'm enjoying TLD but it's only 3 stinking days!! With all the souped-up computers, I would think it's wouldn't be much to create, at the least, an "Western Front" mod where the time in the game might be months. Shucks, with all the game maps that exist from various CC games, couldn't they be combined into one huge theater simulation? In the end, people are only playing on one map at a time anyway so I can't envision any major problems.

That being said, I am NOT an expert modder, programmer, etc so if there's some obvious lugwrench to this idea that I'm missing, I apologize in advance.:) Heck, if it were reasonably possible to create a more far-reaching CC experience like that, I would be happy.

Southernland -> RE: European Theater mod? (2/2/2010 10:22:12 PM)

Try COI, it covers June 22 1941 to 7 May 1945 on the Russian front but there are several mods from cc3 that fits covering western Europe, finland and others

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=379

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: European Theater mod? (2/3/2010 10:04:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

Try COI

... and don't forget that Cross of Iron includes MMCC III, a much bigger campaign structure, allbeit less sophisticated than the stratmaps of IV and V.

Andrew Williams -> RE: European Theater mod? (2/3/2010 10:53:37 AM)

hmmm...maybe sophisticated in a differnt way.

It features changing seasons to name one thing lacking in the later releases.

goodfoot -> RE: European Theater mod? (2/4/2010 4:27:18 AM)

Yeah, that might be the one I'll try out next.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI