Union officer activation issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Tech Support

BDouce -> Union officer activation issue (2/4/2010 1:16:05 AM)

Playing as the Confederates I have observed that the Union (ai) always gets a huge advantage in activated officers at the beginning of turn one (1) that I doesn't seem correct.

Specifically the Union starts off with:

1 four star general
3 three star generals
8 two star generals
75 one star generals
80 col.

Including Grant, Meade, Hallack, Sheridan, Burnsides, Sickles and McPherson and a ton of other Union officers are immediately available for the Union. This represents a huge problem for me playing as the South and does not represent what happens when I play as the Union. This is while playing version 1.040 on normal difficulty and using HISTORICAL leader randomization.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a setting that I overlooked? Any patches for this?

Otherwise this is a great game.

Thank you in advance for any comments!!!

BDouce -> RE: Union officer activation issue (2/4/2010 1:33:15 AM)

To add to my earlier post the officer issue described takes place in 1861.

Joel Billings -> RE: Union officer activation issue (2/4/2010 3:23:23 PM)

Yes, in order to get the AI to play at all appropriately, we had to activate a lot of additional leaders so it has leaders in the rear areas. The AI doesn't take advantage of all of those leaders in the same way a human player would (although it does get some benefits from having all of those leaders), so we think it is a cheat worth giving the AI.

BDouce -> RE: Union officer activation issue (2/4/2010 11:12:18 PM)

Thanks for the explaination.
That's fine then.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI