Couple of Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

seaforth7 -> Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 4:48:11 PM)

Just started my first full campaign game and I've a couple of questions that I can't seem to locate answers for in the manual.

TF commanders - It talks about a flagship and its commander being the TF commander but I can't find out how you select (or even identify) the Flagship for the taskfoce? In addition how do you know who is the TF commander and how you assign a new one.

Moving an individual commander - how do you move an individual commander around? I.E. how do you pull MacArthur out of Manila?

cheers

Bearcat2 -> RE: Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 5:18:30 PM)

Open a TF in a port, the commander is on the left side [cdr in yellow] click on him and a screen will open with all the available officers- click on that officer to replace.
The flagship is the ship with the # next to it.
You pull McArthur out of Manila by replacing him as cmdr of the USAFFE HQ in Manila-same method as replacing TF cmdr.

I forgot to add that removing a cmdr costs political points; so removing McArthur costs 200pts, which you will not have at start of game.

topeverest -> RE: Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 5:29:41 PM)

Commanders dont move. They always are assigned or in the pool. You remove them, and they usually are available quickly thereafter for reassignment, if you have the stomach for the political cost.

seaforth7 -> RE: Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 5:59:03 PM)

thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated, I guess I'll have to decide if MacArthur is worth the cost.

cheers

ckammp -> RE: Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 6:08:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7

Just started my first full campaign game and I've a couple of questions that I can't seem to locate answers for in the manual.

TF commanders - It talks about a flagship and its commander being the TF commander but I can't find out how you select (or even identify) the Flagship for the taskfoce? In addition how do you know who is the TF commander and how you assign a new one.

Moving an individual commander - how do you move an individual commander around? I.E. how do you pull MacArthur out of Manila?

cheers

Flagships-

The Flagship of a TF is determined by the type of ship. Generally, the most powerfull combat ship in the TF will be selected.
For example, in a Surface Combat TF with 1 BB, 2 CA, and 4DD, the BB would be the Flagship. In a Transport TF with 1 DD, 1 PC, 3 AP, and 4 AK, the DD would be the Flagship.

For TFs that have two or more types of same-class ship, the last ship of the same-class selected would be the Flagship.
For example, an Air Combat TF with both Enterprise and Yorktown; if you want Enterprise to be the Flagship, select Yorktown first, then Enterprise.
Note that this rule also applies when transferring ships between TFs. In my example above, if I later transferred Hornet to the TF, Hornet would become the Flagship.

For TFs that have two or more of the same type, but different-class ship, the determining factor is the Durability of the class.
For example, a Sims-class DD would be chosen Flagship before a Clemson-class DD.

The default TF Commander is the Commander of the TF Flagship.
To change the TF Commander, the TF must be at a base. Then click on the yellow name of the current TF Commander. This will open up a screen of available TF Commanders. Click on the name of the Commander you want and select "Done". Note that changing TF Commanders does cost PPs.

Individual Leaders don't actually "move". If they are assigned to a unit, they will be present with the unit, and move where the unit moves.
To change LCU Leaders, the process is the same as changing TF Commanders- click on the Leaders name, click the names of the new Leader, and select "Done". Again, changing Leaders costs PPs. Note that unlike TFs, a LCU doesn't have to be at a base to change it's Leader.

As for MacArthur, there is no need to change him; there is actually two MacArthurs in the game, one in Command of USAFFE, and another in Command of SouthWest Pacific. They have identical stats, and losing the one in the PI won't affect the arrival of the other one.

Hope this helps.

John Lansford -> RE: Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 6:09:02 PM)

Plus you don't have to worry about evacuating MacArthur.  When the SWPac HQ shows up on the board he'll be commanding it even if he surrendered at Manila.

seaforth7 -> RE: Couple of Questions (2/7/2010 6:24:08 PM)

much appreciated, that really helps, I was going to ask how choose the flagship. Doesn't appear that the option of "autoselect TF commander" being on or off impacts anything, is this correct?

Didn't realize about the 2nd MacArthur, thanks for saving me 200 pps!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI