Supra-Inefficient Load distribution in Transport Groups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

dgaad -> Supra-Inefficient Load distribution in Transport Groups (7/6/2002 4:02:32 PM)

Transport force :

1 1500 cap LST
4 190 cap LCI

Forces to be loaded :

1 base force of 1300 load value
1 AA unit of 312 load value

Load distribution :

the 1300 load value unit gets assigned to the 4 190 cap LCIs, resulting in only some of the unit being able to load at all for this trip, the 312 load value unit gets loaded in the 1500 cap LST, the LST cannot carry cargo and thus most of the cargo space is wasted.

Using the sort button prior to loading to place the higher value cap at the top, and subsequently loading the higher value unit first, has no effect on load distribution.

I know I could create separate TFs and then combine but . . .

Why? Fix ?

juliet7bravo -> (7/6/2002 8:29:43 PM)

Other than the obvious "game killers", the entire supply gig is the single most glaring, aggravating part of the entire game. It's more or less the most important aspect, arguably second only to carriers...and it's broke, in every way.

(1) inefficient loading
(1b) inefficient loading #2...example; 4000t unit, 8000t convoy. Game will load 3500t of troops, load the rest with supply, and leave the remnant of the unit behind.
(2) unable to load troops only
(3) CS/routine convoys refuse to use TK/AO
(4) routine convoys that refuse to go anywhere
(5) unable to load 50/50 mix of fuel/supply
(6) auto-refueling...which aggravates the foward fuel supply
(7) auto-unloading...means you have to move loaded ships out from under CAP
(8) the entire barge routine
(9) game doesn't recognize the need for fuel
(10) probably more...

worr -> (7/6/2002 10:40:01 PM)

Yep, actually managed to put the game down and wait for the patch.

Worr, out

juliet7bravo -> (7/6/2002 10:49:26 PM)

I'm still playing, warts and all. It's going to be an excellent game, all the pieces are there.

dgaad -> (7/7/2002 12:15:19 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by juliet7bravo
[B]I'm still playing, warts and all. It's going to be an excellent game, all the pieces are there. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think this is a humorous and excellent way to look at it.

Gustaf -> (7/7/2002 4:06:21 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by juliet7bravo
[B]I'm still playing, warts and all. It's going to be an excellent game, all the pieces are there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Takes a confident grog to admit he has warts :D :p

Gus

Sparadicus -> Loading nonsense (7/7/2002 7:03:27 AM)

I agree with all of Juliet7Bravo's comments (list) and would add two more complaints; and offer a quick, although partial fix.

Complaint one - I picked three APs for transport mission, changed my mind and removed one immediately. When I returned to the TF screen, it showed the two ships I wanted, but when I loaded troops, it sucked the third ship back in and loaded it along with the other two.

Complaint two - Trying to load two Brigades in a logical manner, I created two TF's, loading one brigade onto each (TFs 203 & 204), then merged the two TF's together. Worked fine, but when I went to create another TF, it reused the number 204 and would not let me load troops, only giving the option to STOP loading troops, even though there were no troops listed as being loaded in the TF screen and I had not assigned any troops to be loaded.

Partial fix (for patch) - Install a confirmation window/button, so the player can see how the tranports are going to be loaded before committing, allowing the player to cancel a stupid load, before it begins.

I'm also interested that no tech support or game representatives have responded to this thread. It's a major playability issue with the game.

Thanks,
REB

juliet7bravo -> (7/7/2002 9:48:56 PM)

Add;

(10) Fast transport TF's that are still on station the next day.

Spooky -> Re: Loading nonsense (7/7/2002 10:02:48 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sparadicus
[B]

I'm also interested that no tech support or game representatives have responded to this thread. It's a major playability issue with the game.

Thanks,
REB [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, and this thread began this saturday so please give Matrix a break ... and the right to enjoy their week-end !

These bugs are real and need to be solved ... but they are not game-breakers - UV can be enjoyed event if the barges are not really working the way they should or some supplies are loaded among with troops :)

Erik Rutins -> Thanks... (7/7/2002 10:38:48 PM)

Spooky, thanks for understanding. We prefer to work Monday through Friday like normal people although it's usually impossible. If there's one thing that gets to me on these forums, it's when people jump the gun on a thread posted within 24 hours on a weekend. Heck, I've seen threads posted at 2AM my time on Sunday with someone complaining about no answer at 7AM the same morning. While we have staff members around the world, you've gotta give us a break sometime.

Anyway, nothing personal towards Sparadicus, I probably should have replied to this thread last night but I had a date with my wife (we went to a Rush concert) and now I'm still slightly hungover. :o That's what weekends are for, right? ;)

More to the point, I did reply to this general issue in another thread on this board yesterday but my time being limited hoped that interested folks would read through all threads as I do. Most companies reply to perhaps one out of a hundred threads to their forums. We try to reply to at least the majority of threads and we do read all of them (and log bug reports/feature requests even if we don't reply). In between replying to threads, we're trying to work on the next patch, develop our other games and do our marketing, advertising, production, site maintenance, etc. Unfortunately, reading rather than replying is all we often have time for. A lack of a reply does not indicate that the poster has stumbled onto some sort of forbidden topic. Well, my ramble detection sensor has tripped, I think I'll post again after I get rid of this headache. :cool:

Regards,

- Erik

dgaad -> (7/8/2002 12:07:59 AM)

Erik : LOL.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI