Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

magickoji -> Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/17/2010 10:27:10 AM)

I was just wondering if the game will have built in cheats. The game armada2526 has a drop down console where you can give it commands to give you money or ships or tech. I was just curious, because it's pretty fun just building your empire and not having to worry about money. Kind of like our government. :)

I ask this because matrix has said that you can play this game your way. meaning a quick fight or a long lasting empire building saga... I like the later... but don't want to be stopped by not having enough money. Kind of like a sandbox setting.

Sarissofoi -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/17/2010 10:47:45 AM)

Man. Playing on cheats is cheap.
Do you not have any pride?
Do you not belive in your skills?
Plying on cheats in good game(and I high hopes that DW will be good) is like blasphemy!
I say blasphemy?

Burn!
Die!
Die in fire!

Baleur -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/17/2010 11:55:44 AM)

Yes beacuse playing games WITHOUT cheats, and winning purely by your own manly man-skills, is somehow gonna make you (me, us, everyone) into LESS of a nerd? [;)]
"Honey look, i totally destroyed that spaceship, and i didnt cheat!"
"Wow baby! Get your ass in bed Now!"

Its boring though, but im sure this game has cheats, considering its kind of a sandbox'y game.

Sarissofoi -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/17/2010 12:09:38 PM)

Hehe.
You have point man.

hadberz -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/17/2010 12:40:20 PM)

The editor allows you to change pretty much anything while playing, need more money, ships, colonies, etc, no problem just open the editor and add it. [:)]

LarryP -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/17/2010 3:04:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: magickoji

I was just wondering if the game will have built in cheats.

If there are any, we testers don't know.

Most every time I have used cheats in games, I ended up thinking "so I beat the game, big deal. I cheated." Notice I said "most every time." [;)] There have been times when a cheat made a tight game better though.

I would not want to use cheats in DW. It really does not need any cheats, with the excellent variance of settings you have to make the game how you want it to play. Money for one is not a hard item to keep on the increase.

That being said, however, like Hadberz stated above, the editor is better than any cheat system. During a game you can open the editor and change just about everything. It is an excellent tool! It puts cheats to shame. [:D]

christian199 -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/25/2010 1:14:06 AM)

screw cheats i can conquer the galaxy the right way!!! :D

Sarissofoi -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/25/2010 1:27:54 AM)

That is the way man!
Conquer galaxy by your own skills and luck!

Man I cant wait longer for this game. My desire for this is burning me alive.

PDiFolco -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/25/2010 3:01:12 PM)

Look at Palpatine, he cheated for  conquering the galaxy [:D]!
What's important for me in a solo game is to have fun, so cheats can help... My daughter (12) is enjoying the Sims, and cheats all the time for money, so she has a nice rich sim family with a big house [:)]

LarryP -> RE: Just wondering if there will be any built in cheats kind of like Armada has. (2/25/2010 3:08:58 PM)

The ONLY way to play the Sims is to cheat. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI