Napoleonic games in the works???? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

medlinke -> Napoleonic games in the works???? (9/26/2001 3:48:00 AM)

Just wondering if Matrix or any other company was picking up any Napoleonic games? Something more akin to Age of Rifles than the battleground series (general rather than battle specific).

David Heath -> (9/26/2001 6:31:00 AM)

Well we got a little something planned.... in fact we may even have a lot planned... all I can say now is keep watching our press releases.

Ed Cogburn -> (9/26/2001 6:34:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Keith:
Just wondering if Matrix or any other company was picking up any Napoleonic games? Something more akin to Age of Rifles than the battleground series (general rather than battle specific).

We've got a bunch of operational games on the Napoleonic era, what we're missing is a grand stratgey game, something like Avalon Hill's "War and Peace", or "Empires in Arms". Come to think of it, why don't you guys contact Hasbro, who now owns AH's assets, and see if they'll license to you one of the above games. Hasbro is only interested in simple stuff, they'll never do anything with the hard core "Empires in Arms". WaP isn't difficult, it would appeal to a wider audience. My $0.02 worth.

Paul Vebber -> (9/26/2001 9:07:00 AM)

We know ;-)

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (9/26/2001 9:49:00 AM)

I dont know if this will interest the Napoloenic crowd (assuming it wont, but then you may make that judgement). Has anyone here ever played any of Columbia Games Napoleonic games? I am NOT referring to a computer game. They make games that employ wooden blocks for the pieces. They stand upright and therefore your opponent doesnt have the godlike capacity to see your forces entirely as they are.
I own several of the wooden block designs but all WW2 based ones. They are in my opinion without equal at the level of combat they depict. Just wondering here of course. Naturally, unlike a computer game, you actually require a human to play them against.

New York Jets -> (9/26/2001 9:55:00 AM)

I would LOVE an adaption of "Empires in Arms". I owned a copy for many years, read the rules several times, but could never get anybody to play it with. Possibly the best looking game I have owned and never played. Please, please, please, please...

Paul Vebber -> (10/1/2001 8:50:00 PM)

Note new Discussion Forum and web update there...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI