patrol planes post patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jb123 -> patrol planes post patch (2/26/2010 5:23:30 PM)

I have been noticing major disablement of patrol planes since the beta patch. Has anyone else noticed this and is it WAD?

The problem is mainly at undeveloped float plane bases with ship AV support. (I have ones at the Channel Islands, French Frigate Shoals, Belkap and Norfolk) These bases have enough AV sup to support the squadron, and plenty of supplies, they were all operating before the patch with regular op losses and routine grounding for maintenance. Since the patch these squadrons have generally been at 50% readiness, i.e., a squadron of 12 cats with 4 reserve will have 8 ready, 8 in maintenance.

I have since stood done many of these squadrons to get them repaired and they don't seem to be repairing.

This is the first time I'm seeing something like this in WIPT or AE, with support and supplies these planes should be flying, or am I missing something? Is it because they are not using shipborne AV support or they are trying to use the undeveloped airfield's nonexistent service rating?

Thanks

AW1Steve -> RE: patrol planes post patch (2/26/2010 5:28:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jb123

I have been noticing major disablement of patrol planes since the beta patch. Has anyone else noticed this and is it WAD?

The problem is mainly at undeveloped float plane bases with ship AV support. (I have ones at the Channel Islands, French Frigate Shoals, Belkap and Norfolk) These bases have enough AV sup to support the squadron, and plenty of supplies, they were all operating before the patch with regular op losses and routine grounding for maintenance. Since the patch these squadrons have generally been at 50% readiness, i.e., a squadron of 12 cats with 4 reserve will have 8 ready, 8 in maintenance.

I have since stood done many of these squadrons to get them repaired and they don't seem to be repairing.

This is the first time I'm seeing something like this in WIPT or AE, with support and supplies these planes should be flying, or am I missing something? Is it because they are not using shipborne AV support or they are trying to use the undeveloped airfield's nonexistent service rating?

Thanks

Yes, I've had that problem too. Both allies and Japan , despite large numbers of tender and support engineers. I haven't noticed so much for floatplanes, but then again I haven't been using scenarios where they are a major factor.(That is to say landbased, no real problem with CA/CL/BB based ).

Al Boone -> RE: patrol planes post patch (2/26/2010 6:39:40 PM)

See a post in Tech Support at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2382596, where michaelm has addressed this problem for the Patch 3 Final when released. Several of us have noted the same problem post Patch 3 Beta.

jb123 -> RE: patrol planes post patch (2/26/2010 7:25:40 PM)

thanks for the reply, glad to see it's addressed. I suppose I'll have to send those patrols to regular bases in the interim.

topeverest -> RE: patrol planes post patch (2/26/2010 9:03:19 PM)

Thanks from me too

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI