Will we get a demo? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

theonlystd -> Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 1:09:39 AM)

Recently found this game.. Looks pretty intriguing .

But after getting burned by various games.. I dont buy without a demo..

So hoping we do =o

LarryP -> RE: Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 2:04:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: theonlystd

So hoping we do =o

I could take your name two ways. I guess the "std" stands for standard? [:)]

I used to feel the same about demos, and with some games I still won't buy without a demo. However, with the forums the way they are here at Matrix, you can let others purchase first and read about the game in detail. Including the tech section for any bugs. I've bought games that way and have never been disappointed yet.

lordxorn -> RE: Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 2:05:47 AM)

Don't bet on it

theonlystd -> RE: Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 6:01:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

So hoping we do =o

I could take your name two ways. I guess the "std" stands for standard? [:)]

I used to feel the same about demos, and with some games I still won't buy without a demo. However, with the forums the way they are here at Matrix, you can let others purchase first and read about the game in detail. Including the tech section for any bugs. I've bought games that way and have never been disappointed yet.

I dont count on forums much.. Usually attracts people who just hate the game or love it.

Nor does that let me know ill like the interface. How good the Ai will be againist me and such.How it'll run on my pc. And things like that..

So no mp and no demo it appears?.. Dont think ill be able to take the risk sadly.

Guess ill wait and see what its price is and hope its not to high ...

martok -> RE: Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 6:29:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordxorn

Don't bet on it

Indeed.

While I definitely sympathize with that you're saying, theonlystd (I'm a big fan of "try before you buy", especially when it comes to PC titles), surely you're familiar enough with Matrix by now to know that they almost never release demos for their games. Barring the extremely unlikely, it's just not going to happen.

ypsylon -> RE: Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 9:41:11 AM)

I think there should be locked sticky somewhere on the top called: No DEMO - Please stop asking. [:D]

This question returning like a boomerang every week. He, he.

LarryP -> RE: Will we get a demo? (2/28/2010 2:57:04 PM)

quote:

I dont count on forums much.. Usually attracts people who just hate the game or love it.

Apparently you have not scoured these forums too much as there are both ends of the spectrum and everyone in between. The haters, lovers, and every mild mannered poster in the middle. I always get a good feel for a game from these forums, and with questions I post added, I don't always need a demo. I compare the posts along with staring closely at the screen shots on the Store page and draw my conclusions.

However, nothing lets you feel a game like the game itself. Demos are nice. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI