You know what i just realized? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

x2yzh9 -> You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 4:10:47 AM)

DW releases tomorrow, if everything goes according to plans as to what everyone says.. I, cannot, WAIT! Yee. I now know how christian feels, oh my god, this is going to be a awesome game.

Duckfang -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 4:16:14 AM)

Wait, how do you know it's coming out tomorrow? I thought tomorrow was when final QA testing starts.

EisenHammer -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 4:25:19 AM)

Who said it will be release tomorrow?

Epsilon -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 4:31:51 AM)

As I understand it Erik Rutins would give us word if it gets released this week, meaning thursday or more likely friday. And if not then sometime next week.
Wednesday was never mentioned as a release day, though it would be welcome :)

Wade1000 -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 4:39:08 AM)

Codeforce and Matrix Games, please, do not rush this game.

I hope for a complete, feature filled, and smooth running game with a great AI.

Gamers, the company is working on some artwork and probably fine tuning the game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2388096

cdbeck -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 4:48:30 AM)

No no... Erik said that, if nothing presents itself to delay the game by tomorrow, then it should release next week. At least that is how I read Erik's comment.

As a tester, I don't have any insider knowledge about release, just so you know. I just read the same comments you do.

x2yzh9 -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 5:05:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
If we don't have everything else we are waiting for by early Wednesday, then it will release next week due to the additional time required for the absolutely final QA steps. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

- Erik
That's what eric said, and earlier i said if everything goes according to plan for them.

lordxorn -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 5:36:26 AM)

x2yzh9 has a point, at first I was like he is just hyping it up. However after analyzing and putting Eric's comment through the Contafabulator 2000mx, a simplified version of that comment means,

"The game will be released this week (Why did he mention Wednesday), unless the race artwork and one video were not done, which would push it to next week."

""Hi guys,

I think it will all come down to when the final pieces come in (we're waiting on some of the race art and one video). We're taking it day by day here and don't have a better estimate. If we don't have everything (Race art and one video) else we are waiting for by early Wednesday (Means a Friday release of this week), then it will release next week due to the additional time required for the absolutely final QA steps. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

- Erik""

Hussar712 -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 8:00:22 AM)

So lets just hope they got everything that they were waiting for.

tgb -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 12:01:10 PM)

I read that as once the final artwork and movie is submitted, it will take two days of final QA before release.  Whether or not that will be this week depends on when it comes in.

Gargantou -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 1:45:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wade1000

Codeforce and Matrix Games, please, do not rush this game.

I hope for a complete, feature filled, and smooth running game with a great AI.

Gamers, the company is working on some artwork and probably fine tuning the game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2388096

I agree with you except for the great AI, I can't think of any game I've ever played that has had "great AI", at most they've had decent/slightly good. Though I guess I also in a sense hope for a great AI but I think it's an unrealistic expectation.

But I definitely agree with the "do not rush" part, far too many developers do it these days, and end up giving their customers a beta as a commercial product.

Tycow -> RE: You know what i just realized? (3/3/2010 1:53:25 PM)

Hopefully we'll get a quick update from Erik [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI