RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/7/2010 3:16:53 PM)

@Mike Mike looks interesting can i use it ?

@John I am looking around to find you the deployment dates.

Anybody wants to write a story line for Ultimate Axis Mod you are welcome

mike scholl 1 -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/7/2010 4:30:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: che200

It's your mod. Feel free to use anything you want. I was just trying to make you aware that some of your originals were pretty far-fetched, or even impossible. I always thought it was easier for folks to buy into "story lines" that were at least semi-plausible.

mikemike -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/7/2010 4:58:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Does anyone have the deployment dates for the U-Boats?  If we can get those, then I might be willing to take you up on the offer of the files and artwork.

These are the boats I found that arrived at Japanese bases:

U511 (IXC) -> Ro500 7 Aug 1943 transferred to IJN at Kure

U168 (IXC/40) Penang 11 Nov 1943
U178 (IXD2) Penang 11 Nov 1943
U181 (IXD2) Penang 8 Aug 1944
U188 (IXC/40) Penang 30 Oct 1943
U195 (IXD1) Batavia 28 Dec 1944
U196 (IXD2) Penang 10 Aug 1944
U219 (XB minelayer used as transport sub) Batavia 11 Dec 1944
U510 (IXC) Penang 5 Apr 1944
U532 (IXC/40) Penang 30 Oct 1943
U537 (IXC/40) Batavia 2 Aug 1944
U1062 (VIIF: Torpedo transport) Penang 19 Apr 1944
U843 (IXC/40) Batavia 11 Jun 1944
U861 (IXD2) Penang 23 Sep 1944
U862 (IXD2) Penang 9 Sep 1944

Additionally, U859 (IXD2) sunk by HMS Trenchant approaching Penang 23 Sep 1944

This list may not be complete. There were also some Italian submarines on transport missions about which I didn't find closer informations. A number of other boats operated in the Indian Ocean region but never arrived at Japanese bases.

John 3rd -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/7/2010 5:00:39 PM)

Nice work.  Keep it up Sir.

mikemike -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/7/2010 5:02:31 PM)

quote:

Go right ahead. It's farfetched but more plausible than having "Vittorio Veneto" operate from Singapore.

BTW, the Italian colonial gunboat "Eritrea" escaped from Singapore after the Italian surrender and reached Ceylon, passing the Malacca Straits without being detected by Japanese forces.

Dili -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/7/2010 10:04:31 PM)

Italians in East read it here: http://www.comandosupremo.com/Fareast.html

Torelli was the last "japanese" ship that downed an American plane in War.

traskott -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 11:34:15 AM)

Spanish troops even ?

Interesting...

If I read correct, it'll be done for play as japanese, not as allied, is it correct ?

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 1:19:15 PM)

It will be playable by both sides against AI and there will be 2 versions 1 Vs AI Japan with extra additions like HI , Naval Yards and Armament Factories plus supplies and fuel. I got this data from a thread where Andy Mac was explaining how to improve Japanese AI. The other version will be just the updated OOB, Ships and Aircraft which you can play VS Allied. The Vs Japanese one hopefully will have the AI script from AE edited.

Regarding Spanish troops I will be adding The "Condor" Legion. I got most of added Axis units Data and TOEs from Bubi Hartmann whose Mod War in the East is excellent. Thanks Bubi Your data was impeccable.

traskott -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 1:28:15 PM)

The condor legion wasn't spanish. They were german troops at the Spanish Civil War? May be you mean the Blue Division ( 250º Heer Division ) ?

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 3:05:58 PM)

Sorry yes the 250th Division "Blue" mixed it up.

The Axis OOB divisions will be based on the Africa Corps will have Rommel as the HQ leader with the Blue division plus Ariete Armoured Division, Alpini Mountain Division, Bersaglieri Division, German 1st Falshimmer Airborne, 21st Armoured Division and 1 SS division plus 3 infantry Divisions. This way you get an Army group that can be used for invasions in differant places. I will be adding as well some German and Italian APs for troop transport. I will edit the AI script (hopefully) to give a couple of nasty surprises.

Do you have any suggestions ?

traskott -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 3:30:06 PM)

I've made my own mod with similar "improvements". I've added 2 inf. italian div, 1 panzer div, 1 panzergrenadier div and art, eng, air support units and so. Have added plane art ( altough needs a rework ), but u can see if u want.

Ideas:

a) Playing as japanese, all those troops give a huge bonus, as you can use the "normal" divisions to fortify a perimeter, and play with this expedicionary army to make invasions. It can even took Australia on it's own !!!. The 21th, the Ariete and the SS division ( if armoured ) are unnustopable. They are more than 1500 AV in armours units. Meanwhile, the regular japanese troops fortify the inner perimeter. Some kind of help to the allied side is a must.

b) If you add spanish troops you can add Spanish planes: CR-32 and Me-109s were used by Nationalist Spain for years. I can even give you names and some historical pilots if u want.

c) All thouse units mean a HUGE amount of fuel in the first month of war. The german/axis main base should have a large stockpile of fuel ( and, at less degree, supplies ) to redeploy that 10 divisions ( ten, OMG ). Besides you are going to need lots of ships to move all of them.

d) Allied should get some additional reinforcements to defeat all that troops. Consider include reinforcements from other allied countries ( South America ). And some initial units/fortress should be improved: 10 divisions for free means taking OZ, and NZ, almost without trouble, and then, having enough gas to atack India...Some places should be put with fort9, just in case.

e) Hummm...xD 10 divisions. I'll load all of them and go straight to PH. Any idea to avoid it ?

If u need spanish names, PM me [:)].

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 4:16:49 PM)

USA will not be at war with Germany so no more Germany first policy. That means instead of facing 50 % of Usa forces you will be facing 80-90 % so no attacks on pearl harbor if you don not want to lose your new units in 1 attack. You can use the forces to attack Australia yes but remember Australia will be having all 10 divisions from start Plus reinforcements from UK and Commonwealth. The whole scope for me is to make the AI harder to play i normally play Allies and after 1943 the game becomes boring thats the whole concept. Regarding Data i have most of the data i need and artwork thanks to Ryan Carrie and others on this forum. Before Posting the game WHEN it will be released i will post the files so if there are errors they can be tracked down. 

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 4:18:43 PM)

What I would need would be the pilot names and commanders from AXIS side. That would be a bonus forgot about that side.

traskott -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 5:01:07 PM)

Aaaaaaps, ok, I missed that point.

About axis names: Look at the Fremen's War in the Mediterranean Mod. [:)]

http://martinalcock.powweb.com/WITM.htm

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 5:23:10 PM)

quote:

Sorry yes the 250th Division "Blue" mixed it up.

The Axis OOB divisions will be based on the Africa Corps will have Rommel as the HQ leader with the Blue division plus Ariete Armoured Division, Alpini Mountain Division, Bersaglieri Division, German 1st Falshimmer Airborne, 21st Armoured Division and 1 SS division plus 3 infantry Divisions. This way you get an Army group that can be used for invasions in differant places. I will be adding as well some German and Italian APs for troop transport. I will edit the AI script (hopefully) to give a couple of nasty surprises.

Do you have any suggestions ?

Why not the Elite Gross Deutschland Panzergrenadier Division?

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 6:41:55 PM)

I am trying to keep them infantry and armoured units so the player has a choice where to use them. No mechanized divisions as witp ae xoes not make them very effective. Regarding German units the only one I have decided is the 21st armoured. I have the oobs so it would not be a problem to add the gross.

chesmart -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/12/2010 7:19:55 PM)

Yep I will use the Gross Deutschland but as a motorized division using the toe of 1942

mikemike -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/15/2010 4:59:59 PM)

I assume you will want to use Luftwaffe units. Here is how I think they should be organized:

- For overall control and administration, a dedicated Luftflotte, perhaps Luftflotte 7. This would purely be an HQ.

- As next level, Fliegerführer for regional command, maybe
FliFü Südraum for Indian Ocean and DEI and
FliFü Pazifik for the rest
Pure HQs as well.

- under that, the Geschwader. I think Geschwader should be purely HQ and the Gruppen the flying units. Taking a fighter wing as example:

JG 71: HQ (with a radius of 4-5 hexes, as a Geschwader could be spread around geographically
I/JG 71
II/JG 71
III/JG 71 the flying Gruppen (40 fighters or 30 bombers); if you split them, you have single Staffeln (squadrons).

The ground support of the Luftwaffe IRL consisted of two different groups: on the one side there were the Base Units (probably called the Fliegerhorst-Betriebsstaffeln) who were responsible for the building and maintenance of the physical base infrastructure (runways, hangars, revetments, fuel and ammo dumps, workshops, accommodation), Air Traffic Control, all logistics aspects (fuel, ammunition, spare parts, food) and all the catering. In WITP terms, Engineering and Support squads. These units would be essentially static, being responsible for one particular base.

Aircraft maintenance would be the job of mechanics integral to the Gruppe, in WITP terms that would mean each Gruppe has its own AV support unit that it takes along wherever it is moved. In Europe, I think, when the Gruppe moved to a new base that could not easily be reached by surface transport (or when pressed for time), their mechanics would be moved by transport planes in parallel. This is, of course, not supported by the game code so the player would be responsible for keeping the ground support with the flying unit. The ground echelon for II/JG 71 might be called "Warte II/JG 71" (Warte being German for erks) and consist of 40 AV support and nothing else. This unit should be air-transportable in one lift by a squadron of transport planes - in RL that were probably just the bods, their personal belongings, and a few boxes of tools - all the heavy stuff was supposed to be prepositioned by the permanent base units.

This way, Luftwaffe units could temporarily operate from Japanese bases without impacting flying operations as they bring their own AV support; for the rest they would share support already in place.

Dili -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/15/2010 7:27:17 PM)

Geschwader were not operational command units. I would make them the air support unit only. The bombers units KG... had also 40 planes complement: 4 in HQ, and 12 in each squadron typically 3.

Airport establishment should have tiny air support to let any group make a touch and go and don't get planes stuck, and like mikemike said Engineering and Support squads, i have this diverse names Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur Wien-Aspern , FliegerFuhrer Graz , Flugplatzkommando A 15/XVII , in first two examples i have let stay the location name.

mikemike -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/16/2010 4:36:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili

Geschwader were not operational command units. I would make them the air support unit only. The bombers units KG... had also 40 planes complement: 4 in HQ, and 12 in each squadron typically 3.

Airport establishment should have tiny air support to let any group make a touch and go and don't get planes stuck, and like mikemike said Engineering and Support squads, i have this diverse names Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur Wien-Aspern , FliegerFuhrer Graz , Flugplatzkommando A 15/XVII , in first two examples i have let stay the location name.

I know that in RL the Geschwader wasn't just an HQ, the Stabsschwarm often participated in missions; this is just an adaptation to WITP game mechanics, in order to have a Geschwader commander whose ratings can influence the whole Geschwader.

The AV support should stay with the Gruppen as these frequently operated semi-independently from the rest of the Geschwader (the Afrika Korps initially had just one Gruppe of JG 27 for fighter cover), and, even if not, the Gruppen could be dispersed quite a distance from the Geschwader HQ and each other - just look at the Luftwaffe OOB for the Battle of Britain, for instance ZG 26 which was headquartered in Lille and whose Gruppen were based in Yvrench, Crecy, and Barly, the Gruppen being 15-20 km apart, and about 90 km distant from Geschwader HQ.

"Flugplatzkommando A 15/XVII" sounds interesting, I'd assume that the XVII denotes the Luftgau, the administrative region for the Luftwaffe ground organization in the Reich area. That would make the Flugplatzkommando the (HQ of the) base unit responsible for a particular base in the Luftgau XVII area (=Austria).

Dili -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (4/17/2010 12:56:08 AM)

The AV support should stay with the Gruppen, yes i agreed with it, i only said that any airport administrative unit should have say a small amount AV(one is enough but maybe too risky) for air units that make just a transit, to not let get a plane stuck do to a lack of AV.

Now Gruppes AV support if might split it might need to be classified as an unit that can be splitted(Division?) or you have to give each one their own.

Flugplatzkommando A 15/XVII was in Graz but i don't have the date, FliegerFuhrer Graz was there at time of Yugoslav Invasion. I know that Germans changed their organisation around 1941 but what i have read about it is already forgotten.

Dibbura -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (12/24/2010 4:06:49 PM)

Sorry, any news on Ultimate Axis MOD progress? ^^

John 3rd -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (12/25/2010 4:14:18 PM)

Don't know about others but I am planning on adding the German U-Boats into the 3.0 Release of Reluctant Admiral. Since they were used there in real life I think is only appropriate to have them added into the game. I'll need to know if anyone has actually created the U-Boats for AE usage. Has anyone done that?

ckammp -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (12/25/2010 4:37:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Don't know about others but I am planning on adding the German U-Boats into the 3.0 Release of Reluctant Admiral. Since they were used there in real life I think is only appropriate to have them added into the game. I'll need to know if anyone has actually created the U-Boats for AE usage. Has anyone done that?

Have you looked at AndyMac's Ironman scenario? It has U-boats and other German ships.

John 3rd -> RE: Where can i find For ultimate axis mod? (12/25/2010 7:02:26 PM)

Thanks. I will forward the question over to him.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI