On the future of patches (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

borsook79 -> On the future of patches (3/7/2010 9:10:53 PM)

While the current patches are great and bring a lot of interesting stuff to the game they seem more like mods i.e. they provide new content but not engine modifications. Is it possible that any changes requiring modification of the engine will ever be introduced, or is it the final form? If it were possible it would be great to see some things changed, for example:

-the game changes screen colour depth upon start to 16bit, it actually runs fine in 32bit if one forces the change after the game is started up, it would be great to have this part of the code removed or just made optional.
- mouse wheel support would make using the game so much easier

Jason Petho -> RE: On the future of patches (3/7/2010 9:12:38 PM)

Yes, the UPDATES will update the system.

I can't say when or what, but updating the game to work on current systems is intended.

Jason Petho

borsook79 -> RE: On the future of patches (3/8/2010 9:55:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

I can't say when or what, but updating the game to work on current systems is intended.

Jason Petho

It is great to hear. While the current state is definitely playable it is good to know that future holds some improvements.

Geomitrak -> RE: On the future of patches (3/10/2010 8:39:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Jason Petho

Please please please give us a chance to compile a 'wish' list before any updating of the game engine is embarked upon!

Regards

Paul

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI