Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Anthropoid -> Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 12:46:30 PM)

Have any of youze guys seen this?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464122

I think of the Seven Years War (or at least the French and Indian component of it) as being the first truly global war, and yet the text says

quote:

Map covering all of Germany and surrounding vicinity, with over 1,000 different regions offering plenty of room for maneuvering

The only Ageod game I bought was WWI: La Grande Geurre, and I while I was impressed at the vision of the game, and saw its potential, I was quite annoyed that it still had very serious bugs even 3 months after its release. I gave up on it about a year ago, though I think they supposedly eventually got the bugs all worked out.

I'm now leery of Ageod in general, and a "Seven Years War" game that does not model global conflict seems sketchy to me. What do you guys think?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 3:50:04 PM)

Yep, we're discussing this title with them too.

Regarding WWI, I agree that was released too early, but they did support it vigorously post-release and address the issues. A new "WWI Gold" is on the way and we are discussing how to release that too. Hopefully we'll have good news on both fronts soon.

sullafelix -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 3:56:45 PM)

WW1 is almost a different game from it's release. They are very good with backing up all their products. I have almost all their games.

Jim D Burns -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 3:57:29 PM)

With the recent buyout by Paradox, I would have thought AGEOD would be unable to sign seperate agreements now?

Jim

Hartford688 -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 4:15:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

The only Ageod game I bought was WWI: La Grande Geurre, and I while I was impressed at the vision of the game, and saw its potential, I was quite annoyed that it still had very serious bugs even 3 months after its release. I gave up on it about a year ago, though I think they supposedly eventually got the bugs all worked out.

I'm now leery of Ageod in general, and a "Seven Years War" game that does not model global conflict seems sketchy to me. What do you guys think?

The WWI game was done by a different team and with a different engine to their other "Athena"games. The others are very good.

If you want the North American parts of the Seven Year's War, they have it covered with BOA2 /WIA2. Recently with prices dropped. Great game.

freeboy -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 4:55:27 PM)

WW1 was a turkey, BUT all the other AGEOD titles I have are really fun games, the cog and cog emperor, forge and the BoA series are all very  very high quality games and the system used in pressia is weell, the same as BoA/WiA so it is stable and proven...
also the company gave refunds to folks who bought WW1, if you got it from them only afaik, so, while I am awash in great titles right now and am passing on rop, they probably will give a you a demo... my advice would be to check it out! and good luck

sullafelix -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 5:15:46 PM)

The Crown of Glory series is not Ageod.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 5:21:42 PM)

I would have to agree to that as well. The world war one title is in pretty good shape now as compared to release. There are two main wargame companies that I trust-Matrix and Ageod.
quote:

ORIGINAL: sulla05

WW1 is almost a different game from it's release. They are very good with backing up all their products. I have almost all their games.

dooya -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/14/2010 8:32:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Have any of youze guys seen this?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464122

I think of the Seven Years War (or at least the French and Indian component of it) as being the first truly global war, and yet the text says

quote:

Map covering all of Germany and surrounding vicinity, with over 1,000 different regions offering plenty of room for maneuvering

You may give the Rise of Prussia demo a try: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16737

So far, I did not read a single bad comment about this game. :)

sol_invictus -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 12:35:48 AM)

I was a beta-tester for ROP and think it is a very good game; like all of the AGEOD titles. If you have any interest in the SYW you will want to strongly consider buying ROP. I am waiting for the physical version though. No word on when that will be released.

Anthropoid -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 9:43:01 AM)

Thanks guys! Good to hear that my one semi-negative experience is not representative of Ageod. More games to buy is always a plus! [:D]

timurlain -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 9:49:31 AM)

I am playing Rise of Prussia now and I am impressed how polished and complete it is.

Matto -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 10:02:23 AM)

I checked demo (it looks really great) and bought it yesterday from AGEOD pages ... but still do not have it. For all I paid by PayPal, I did not receive download link, but email, where they want scanned my ID card / passport / driving licence ... huh, strange ... can anybody tell me WHY? I paid online and I want download and play ...

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 10:58:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matto

I checked demo (it looks really great) and bought it yesterday from AGEOD pages ... but still do not have it. For all I paid by PayPal, I did not receive download link, but email, where they want scanned my ID card / passport / driving licence ... huh, strange ... can anybody tell me WHY? I paid online and I want download and play ...

That sounds very suspicious to me friend. I think I would cancel my payment and just try again with paypal using Gamersgate. Got my link instantly. Man I wish Matrix could have gotten AGEOD. I prefer by far their download provider where I can burn a backup copy.

Mo Reb

Jim D Burns -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 11:58:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matto

Hackers like to create mimic sites that look and feel like the real thing, but they aren’t. Sounds to me like you got a mimic site for PayPal or your purchase transaction was somehow intercepted by hackers and they are trying to steal your identity.

Take screen captures of the site and keep them for evidence in case you have issues in the future. I’d contact your bank if they got any of your credit or checking info when you made the attempted purchase. Email AGEOD and send them a copy of the email you got, so they can look into it on their end.

Jim

Matto -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 5:09:23 PM)

So I was make sure that the email was real and it is because new EU rules ... hmm
So I send what necessary and received invoice and download link ... the problem is over

Thanks all for support and for others, be ready for similar situation [:'(]

Ashtur -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 5:24:58 PM)

To go back to the first post. I don't think it is unfair or "wrong" to characterize a game that focuses on the European theater as a "Seven Years War" game, nor is it somehow lacking by not containing the colonial war.

That would be no different than saying "WiTP isn't a World War II game because it doesn't contain Stalingrad or Market-Garden".

The game is an operational game of the war in Central Europe, and it does that very well.

Anthropoid -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 8:15:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garymc

To go back to the first post. I don't think it is unfair or "wrong" to characterize a game that focuses on the European theater as a "Seven Years War" game, nor is it somehow lacking by not containing the colonial war.

That would be no different than saying "WiTP isn't a World War II game because it doesn't contain Stalingrad or Market-Garden".

The game is an operational game of the war in Central Europe, and it does that very well.

Seems totally fair!

I'm presently locked into a pretty deep obsession with Victoria Revolutions however, playing as Prussia from the 1836 long campaign start ironically . . . And hoping that I can do a save conversion to Arsenal of Democracy after that. Prussia shall reign supreme! [:'(]

redcoat -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/15/2010 10:30:53 PM)

The 'Out of Eight' games review blog has just published a review of Rise of Prussia.

http://www.outofeight.info/2010/03/rise-of-prussia-review.html

It encourages me to buy it because I've enjoyed the other AGEOD games that I've purchased.

Anthropoid -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/16/2010 1:25:27 PM)

I'm very encouraged to hear all the positivity about Ageod. I did note that WWI was a visionary game, I just came along too soon in its development. Based on all of this, I'll definitely give Ageod another try.

What would guys say is their BEST game?

It doesn't matter if it is several years old. I've got to the point where I mostly buy games once they've gone Gold, had several patches and any expansions are sold integral in a aggregated product. There are some games I buy IMMEDIATELY (WiTP, anything by WCS! [:D], etc.) but mostly I'm not a pioneer market segment guy these days. With 53 games in my inventory now, some of which I have not installed on my current whoop-arse gaming machine, and which I could easily revisit for many hours or days of fun, I don't really need to buy any new games for a while. But it is always good to know which ones are worth getting in the long run.

vonRocko -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/16/2010 3:41:46 PM)

All Ageod games are good, and use the same engine,(except ww1). So the best really depends on your historical preference.
For me, the civil war game is best. It has the biggest fanbase, and countless patches have made it an excellent game.
Next I like Wars in America II, lots of scenerios and campaigns for the revolution and French and Indians.
Third is the Napoleon game,plays like the other two, but lacks a campaign.
I haven't tried Rise of Prussia, but it has the same look of the others.
All good games, it is just too bad paradox gets a cut now!

Anthropoid -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/17/2010 12:08:16 AM)

Thanks vonRocko. Over the year or so, I've become a total Paradox slut. Bought about five or six of their games in the last 8 months and absolutely love them.

KG Erwin -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/17/2010 12:38:04 AM)

Yes, I can safely recommend AGEOD's games. BOA2 is immersive, has a beautiful game map, and a good AI . Here's where I live, in the 1750s, controlled by Indians, but under nominal French influence :

[image]local://upfiles/813/89AA6D24DE67474A8C2917E682E27547.jpg[/image]

Crimguy -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/24/2010 1:04:58 AM)

Anthropoid - I never tried the WWI game, but that is not a representative game for Ageod. If you want to try one of their great ones, get their ACW game. It's on my all-time list.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/24/2010 1:13:13 AM)

I like their games as well. Infact they stay on my machine. Play them all. I think ww1 is a gem now. Their support of a game is excellent as well.

Anthropoid -> RE: Rise of Prussia by Ageod Games (3/24/2010 3:57:58 AM)

Cool, thanks guys :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI