Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

pjkeas -> Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/17/2010 3:22:00 AM)

Some people have said when you remove Halsey from leader of Enterprise's TF, he cant be assigned to another TF
He only becomes available as a Ship captian.
The halsey issue, I think is due to the use of the symbol "
The reason I say this, as I was looking into the WITPldr032 file and noticed there were 9 leaders with the delay time of 4 or 5.
Units 7343 7749 8559 10404 10528 11531 11932 12433 and 14052.
All have "some nickname" in their name field.
(note: there are 2 others in the db that have nicknames, but don't have errors in them)

Halsey's (unit 10528) name is listed as.
"Halsey, Wm F ""Bull"",30,82,71,76,76,34,47,90,4,411206,50,110529,Halsey"

Then the rest of the stats (in excel) are
K.J." 23 53 52 40 17 20 32 67 4 440115 1 5 5 is the code for commandtype ship

It looks like in the name file in each case of errors: the first, second and fifth " should not be there.
One of the other names that uses " correctly
unit 7781
Blandy, Wm "Spike"

You probably have to change them
I manually changed them in excel....

Jim D Burns -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/17/2010 8:49:17 PM)

As an example, here’s a zip of my current AI game. Halsey is unavailable to command task forces and available to command land HQs.

Jim

Don Bowen -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/17/2010 10:15:36 PM)

Halsey is indeed available to command TFs - assuming they are big enough. He has a high rank and is obviously not available to command a couple of freighers or a minesweeping TF.

Create an air combat TF and see what I mean.

Jim D Burns -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/17/2010 11:36:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Halsey is indeed available to command TFs - assuming they are big enough. He has a high rank and is obviously not available to command a couple of freighers or a minesweeping TF.

I created a CV task force with all 3 CVs in it at SF, not available...

Edit: OK, weird. I went back and created a CV task force with all three CVs and 1 CA, he’s available. So is it the CAs that make a difference? Cause with just 3 CVs, no Halsey allowed.

Jim

Don Bowen -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/18/2010 1:15:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

quote:

I created a CV task force with all 3 CVs in it at SF, not available...

Edit: OK, weird. I went back and created a CV task force with all three CVs and 1 CA, he’s available. So is it the CAs that make a difference? Cause with just 3 CVs, no Halsey allowed.

Jim

I don't think so. I created one with a couple of CVs and some other ships. I think once you get a capital ship (or maybe two) in there he should be available. He's a Vice Admiral.

Jim D Burns -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/18/2010 1:50:51 AM)

quote:

I don't think so. I created one with a couple of CVs and some other ships. I think once you get a capital ship (or maybe two) in there he should be available. He's a Vice Admiral.

I've triple checked this Don. I created an air combat task force at SF and put all three CVs in it, no Halsey allowed. I then add a single CA and Halsey is available. No DDs or anything else, just the 3 CVs and then 3 CVs and 1 CA.

Jim

Jim D Burns -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/18/2010 1:59:49 AM)

OK, I went in and messed with it some more. It looks like each ship added to the task force is adding some kind of value to the task forces “worth” and at some point higher rank leaders become available.

As an example, 1 CV, 1 CA and 1 DD = no Halsey. But add just 1 more DD to that mix and Halsey becomes available.

The problem is CVs appear not to add anything to the mix, so 3 CVs alone isn’t enough, yet the above 1 CV, 1 CA and 2 DDs is enough, doesn’t make much sense. CVs need more value added I think.

I don’t have a fourth CV yet in my game to see if 4 CVs makes a difference or not.

Jim

pjkeas -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/18/2010 3:07:35 AM)

Point I'm trying to make is that, from a database point of view.. The way they put the " in, it corrupts the data on halsey and 8 others..
Dump the files into csv files. witploadae /e /s001 and look at the leader file.
It bleeds the data including the next unit: 10529 Halsey, K.J.

Nomad -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/18/2010 3:13:46 AM)

But, I can assign Halsey to a TF. the TF he started out commanding got shot up and I disbanded the remains. I can create a new ACTF and he is available for command. This is a scenario 1 game started with the newest patch in place at the start.
Here is a screen shot. Note that I had to have as a minimum a CV and 3 CAs before he was available. Less than that and he was not on the list.

Like Jim said above, the more ships you put in the TF, the more leaders that become available.

[image]local://upfiles/4176/6C46D49595E343AEA656EC33174AC2D9.jpg[/image]

afspret -> RE: Halsey "Bull" and 8 other leader issues. (3/20/2010 5:21:04 AM)

I too have had a problem trying to put Halsey back in command of a TF. One time I disbanded the initial Enterprise & Lexington TFs @ PH for repairs and when the CVs were avalible I put them both in a single TF with two CAs & two CLs along with enough DDs to bring the TF size up to 15+ ships. When I went to pick a TF commander, Halsey was not on the list, nor was the initial commander of the Lexington TF. I ended up using Spruance instead as he shown as carrier command capable.

The work around I use now is to not disband the entire TF Halsey's in command of. I just create a new TF with ships I want to have repaired and disband that one.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI