Air replacements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

currerij -> Air replacements (3/21/2010 8:40:21 PM)

I am having a major issue with aircraft replacement. When an airgroup gets under strength (happens often) , I suddenly get a fragment of the air unit appearing across the map. For Army aircraft they appear in Tokyo, for Navy aircraft they appear wherever the Southern command headquaters is. This fragment will appear without any pilots. Now if you add pilots to the fragment, no matter what setting you have set as to where in the fragment as to where the pilots are supposed to be drawn from, it teleports them from across the map out of the original unit. This creates logistical nightmares. In one case, a Pete float plane unit had replacement fragment show up in Mandalay! The main piece of the fragment was based in Kwajalene!! Now thats about as far apart as you can get. Why is this happening? Why cannot I just take replacement at the air unit? It almost always says replacements delayed until bam, and fragment appears on the other side of the map. I can live with shipping aircraft from Japan to units, although this is an unnesassary logistical nightmare, but stuff in the deep Pacific appearing in Mandalay, thats just wrong. How can I keep this from happening and get rational replacements?

Heeward -> RE: Air replacements (3/21/2010 8:53:29 PM)

Air replacements in fragments / detachments may arrive at the headquarters of the air unit.
I suspect the unit receiving the replacements my have to have its headquarters reassigned.

CapAndGown -> RE: Air replacements (3/21/2010 9:15:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: currerij

I am having a major issue with aircraft replacement. When an airgroup gets under strength (happens often) , I suddenly get a fragment of the air unit appearing across the map. For Army aircraft they appear in Tokyo, for Navy aircraft they appear wherever the Southern command headquaters is. This fragment will appear without any pilots. Now if you add pilots to the fragment, no matter what setting you have set as to where in the fragment as to where the pilots are supposed to be drawn from, it teleports them from across the map out of the original unit. This creates logistical nightmares. In one case, a Pete float plane unit had replacement fragment show up in Mandalay! The main piece of the fragment was based in Kwajalene!! Now thats about as far apart as you can get. Why is this happening? Why cannot I just take replacement at the air unit? It almost always says replacements delayed until bam, and fragment appears on the other side of the map. I can live with shipping aircraft from Japan to units, although this is an unnesassary logistical nightmare, but stuff in the deep Pacific appearing in Mandalay, thats just wrong. How can I keep this from happening and get rational replacements?

Turn automatic replacements off. Get replacement planes manually.

topeverest -> RE: Air replacements (3/22/2010 2:47:28 PM)

Agreed. Do manual replacements - and look at your HQ assignments

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI