Ship Component Links (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

RonLugge -> Ship Component Links (3/26/2010 4:10:10 AM)

Just to explore, I poked around inside the ship design screen. Ship components all have underlines, indicating that they are links, and when I mouse over them the mouse flickers to the 'click on' icon before loosing it. For some reason, I can't get the cursor to recognize that it's over a link for more than a second or two before it gives up!

elliotg -> RE: Ship Component Links (3/26/2010 4:40:01 AM)

Although those component names have underlines, in those particular lists they are not hyperlinks, i.e. they don't do anything when clicked.

To obtain info on a component in the Design screen do the following: 1. select the component in either the Available components list at left or the Ship components list in the middle 2. the panel at the bottom-left of the screen will display basic details on the selected component 3. click the "Show Component Guide" button for more details on the component

RonLugge -> RE: Ship Component Links (3/26/2010 7:14:58 PM)

Then why does the mouse icon flicker over to look like a link?  O.o

Thanks for the info, though!  So much to learn about just one screen... .sigh!

RonLugge -> RE: Ship Component Links (3/27/2010 1:15:29 AM)

BTW, on the component guide, there's a little light in the corner...  is that supposed to indicate whether you have it researched or not?  It'd be nice if you had lights for resource concerns too (i. e. one light to indicate no stockpile of a needed resource, another to indicate no source... if both lit, don't use!).  Some way to see from inside the ship design screen the resource availability for various parts would be very nice!

elliotg -> RE: Ship Component Links (3/27/2010 1:58:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RonLugge BTW, on the component guide, there's a little light in the corner...  is that supposed to indicate whether you have it researched or not?  It'd be nice if you had lights for resource concerns too (i. e. one light to indicate no stockpile of a needed resource, another to indicate no source... if both lit, don't use!).  Some way to see from inside the ship design screen the resource availability for various parts would be very nice!
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean there. Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks Elliot

RonLugge -> RE: Ship Component Links (3/27/2010 6:52:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: RonLugge BTW, on the component guide, there's a little light in the corner...  is that supposed to indicate whether you have it researched or not?  It'd be nice if you had lights for resource concerns too (i. e. one light to indicate no stockpile of a needed resource, another to indicate no source... if both lit, don't use!).  Some way to see from inside the ship design screen the resource availability for various parts would be very nice!
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean there. Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks Elliot

I mistook the component icon for some kind of indicator light telling me what I could or couldn't build; now I just feel silly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI