Anyone else find this odd? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Who Cares -> Anyone else find this odd? (3/26/2010 7:24:15 AM)

Shemya Island in the Aleutians is less than 6 square miles in size, has horrible weather all year round, yet can be built up large enough to stack unlimited amounts of supply and fuel (it is a 0 / 4, which in game terms means it can be built to a level 3 port and a level 7 airbase). Now any land locked hex on the map (pick one, like say Butte, MT for example) which is over 2000 square miles can NOT hold unlimited numbers of supply because it can only be built up to a maximum of 8 or less (assuming the airbase size is at no more than 5 which many are not of course) since there is no port option.

Many land locked bases can be built to level 9 which is the limit in AE for unlimited supply I guess, but this seems silly to me to base this on port / airfield size rather than land area. And I don't really understand why airfield size would affect the fuel storage at a base. say you have a port 1 air 6 in a hex and a port 5 air 0 in another. The bigger port can not hold as much fuel as the smaller because the smaller has a bigger airfield. Huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemya

morganbj -> RE: Anyone else find this odd? (3/26/2010 2:11:04 PM)

Who cares, Who Cares.  [:D]

Just kidding.  Yeah, I always thought that some of the values were a little odd, but I guess when you're trying to convert reality into a few million bytes of data, strange things happen.  As long as the results generally work out the way they did in RL, I don't get too concerned about it.  After all, in RL was there ever a base that had NO spoilage or shrinkage?  Any that could have UNLIMITED supply and fuel?  No.  So, if that facet of the game is ok, then having a few anomylous base size factors is ok, too.  Besides, there IS an editor and base sizes could be changed ....[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI