Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Husky_MatrixForum -> Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) (3/26/2010 10:14:28 AM)

Is magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) device mounted on some bombers help to improve ASW capability of my air groups?

Sardaukar -> RE: Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) (3/26/2010 11:08:41 AM)

Yes, it is supposed to make them more efficient. Subject to exp and skill of unit, of course.

AW1Steve -> RE: Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) (3/26/2010 12:12:54 PM)

MAD was (and is) an extremely short range device. It's less about finding and enemy sub then it is about narrowing a contact to the point that you can direct fire onto it and kill it. Unless you are operating in an extremely restricted space, it's not really a location device. It's more of a searchlight. You narrow down your target's suspected location , then you bring in MAD. Which enables you to pinpoint and bomb your target.      MAD range is measured in yards, not miles or even thousands of yards. In WW2 it would have been maybe hundreds of yards.        In other words MAD is extremely usefull, but in itself not a war winner. The number of sightings shouldn't go up, but the number of kills per sighting should. Of course , that's real world/real life. [:D]

Husky_MatrixForum -> RE: Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) (3/26/2010 3:01:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Of course , that's real world/real life. [:D]

Yes I more interesting about game mechanic :)

AW1Steve -> RE: Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) (3/26/2010 3:42:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Husky

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Of course , that's real world/real life. [:D]

Yes I more interesting about game mechanic :)

Of course the designers have done their absolute best to model real life , and without a doubt will continue to try to more accurratly reflect real life (as they always have) but that's not important. What you really want to know is "how do I game the system?".[:D] Sorry, can't/won't help you. Good luck though. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI