Request Autosave feature...wish list (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

incbob -> Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/26/2010 9:12:32 PM)

I am not a programmer and the game is great, but you really need an autosave feature. Preferably one that can be set to 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 5 year, 10 year intervals and keeps the autosave and an old autosave.

You should probably put up a sticky thread for wish list items.

frugaldude -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/26/2010 9:19:30 PM)

There should be at a warning with an option to save when you leave a game.

JonathanStrange -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/26/2010 9:47:35 PM)

Having lost valuable turns in many other games when a CTD occured; I highly agree that an autosave will be worth its weight in ... space loot?

incbob -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/26/2010 10:51:21 PM)

Another Feature request Class column on Ships and Bases screen.

Let me give you an example. I have Senator Frigates and Shadow Destroyers. I upgrade their design to Senator+ and Shadow+ (+ to indicate refit.)

The problem is that ships names do not change and I have no way of knowing if they are the old class or the new class.

LarryP -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/26/2010 10:55:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: incbob

I am not a programmer and the game is great, but you really need an autosave feature. Preferably one that can be set to 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 5 year, 10 year intervals and keeps the autosave and an old autosave.

You should probably put up a sticky thread for wish list items.

I posted your request in the beta forum. Elliot will see it. [;)]

Lots of people asking for this.

killroyishere -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 1:35:49 AM)

Wow no autosave with games crashing to desktop all the time now? It's one of the first things I check for now before buying any new game it should be standard equipment just like air conditioning in cars.

Rosseau -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 1:42:42 AM)

You're right, of course. But I tell you Killroy, I'll take this game without one. It is sweet, and I am more a wargamer than 4X player. So good to see something totally innovative, and glad Matrix has got it.

Best!

elliotg -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 1:50:47 AM)

I was reluctant to add auto-save because saving can take a while sometimes. But I can see everyone is after this feature, so I'll add it as an option [:)]

Webbco -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 1:53:41 AM)

I think it's important to make sure it's not too frequent though because as Elliot said, the saving times do take a while.

LarryP -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 1:55:22 AM)

It needs to have an option for how often.

Shark7 -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 5:05:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

I was reluctant to add auto-save because saving can take a while sometimes. But I can see everyone is after this feature, so I'll add it as an option [:)]

Would be a nice option, especially if you make it one that can be set to save every X minutes, where the player chooses what X is. Since saving can be slow, allowing me to set it up to save only once every 30 minutes, while another player might choose every 20 minutes would be really nice.

Gargantou -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 9:37:58 AM)

Glad to hear this will be getting added, thanks Elliot(And you LarryP for forwarding it to the beta forums!)

darkrenown -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 4:17:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

I just signed up in order to ask for autosave, so I'm glad to hear it's being added. A shortcut to quicksave wouldn't go amiss either.

JonathanStrange -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 6:15:52 PM)

Good news; esp. if one can set it to different times. 

Flaviusx -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 6:22:07 PM)

Yes, please make this happen. I've had to restart too many interesting games after crashes, which tend to happen more often as the game progresses.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 7:17:21 PM)

We aim to both eliminate the crashes (ASAP) and add an autosave (soon) so hopefully you will be happier on both counts in short order.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 7:18:47 PM)

I take it the Codeforce team never played early release Paradox games.

zenryl -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 10:11:27 PM)

Yeah remind me HOI3 release.

"Why the AI don't march through ally territory ? Why ?"

I allways wonder how that kind of thing can go through a beta-test.

DW will be a great game when it will be playable. Thanks to the team.

Gargantou -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 10:49:56 PM)

I find DW highly playable already.

But then again, I haven't had a single CTD so far, or freeze etc, even during very long periods of uninterrupted playing.

And the AI seems competent enough to me.

LarryP -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 11:01:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargantou

But then again, I haven't had a single CTD so far, or freeze etc, even during very long periods of uninterrupted playing.

That's the way it has played for me on two completely different machines for months.

It's kind of hard to catch bugs when they don't happen.

HsojVvad -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 11:03:38 PM)

I throw my hat in the camp as well for an auto feature as well. You can just get to engrossed in the game, that you forget to save. Unlike TBS, sometimes you remember to save before doing something, or making that certian something, but with RTS, you just let the game keep going and forget to save.

Shark7 -> RE: Request Autosave feature...wish list (3/27/2010 11:03:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargantou

I've had one, but not sure why. Hasn't repeated so far, so no way to tell.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI