Intelligence agents & mining stations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Pita -> Intelligence agents & mining stations (3/27/2010 3:30:04 PM)

So far I've been having a very bug-free ride with this game, so thanks! I'm a little surprised, as I'm using a laptop with a dreaded integrated intel graphics card and minimum specs. No ctds yet!

There are a couple of things that seem strange though:

I'm unable to hire an intelligence agent. I hold 3 colonies (I'm playing a small galaxy), and it displays that I'm allowed one agent. As I understand it, that's all normal. After my first agent died, however, I haven't been able to replace him. Not sure why that is.

Secondly, there is a single ice planet that seems to refuse to be mined. (and it has the just the resource that I need! dang it xD) It shows up in the expansion planner all normal, but when a construction ship flys over to it and moves onto it, it then moves off and claims that its job is completed without doing anything.

Hopefully I'm just missing something and these aren't actually bugs.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Intelligence agents & mining stations (3/27/2010 3:43:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pita I'm unable to hire an intelligence agent. I hold 3 colonies (I'm playing a small galaxy), and it displays that I'm allowed one agent. As I understand it, that's all normal. After my first agent died, however, I haven't been able to replace him. Not sure why that is.

Haven't see this issue - if it's still reporting that you are allowed one agent, the button to recruit one should work. Do you have enough money to recruit the agent?

quote:

Secondly, there is a single ice planet that seems to refuse to be mined. (and it has the just the resource that I need! dang it xD) It shows up in the expansion planner all normal, but when a construction ship flys over to it and moves onto it, it then moves off and claims that its job is completed without doing anything.

Hm, can you upload a save for this per the instructions above and tell us exactly which planet we should be looking at? That one sure sounds like a bug, but there could be some other reason I haven't considered.

Regards,

- Erik

Pita -> RE: Intelligence agents & mining stations (3/28/2010 1:11:41 AM)

I'm uploading a save now.

Fortunately the Intelligence bug solved it self after exiting and reloading the game. But maybe that's unfortunate because I can't reproduce it - I definitely had enough resources to buy one and the recruit button was still dulled out as if I couldn't buy any.

The mining bug is still happening without fail though, and there is another bug that I had forgotten about until now. I have uploaded a save "28-10-2010-miningbug.dwg".

The unmineable planet is Baratsean 10, in the Baratsean system, F3.

The second bug is also a mining related issue. There was a contested resource in my second system, Sol, and I forced the sneaky bastards to give it to me least I stop trading with them. The mining station they were building (and now mine) was still under construction, with their construction ship still ontop of it (making construction sounds but not doing anything), and has remained that way for many years! It's the planet Sol 5, in F3.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI