Crash Report (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

lordxorn -> Crash Report (3/30/2010 3:30:59 AM)

Pre Patch 1.02 I had no crashes, now they seem to pop up. I am attaching a screenshot.

malkuth74 -> RE: Crash Report (3/30/2010 4:11:35 AM)

I have had too crashes too. I get a windows 7 box that says this progrram has had an unexpected error or something.

The funny thing is that I can still play the game and save it while that box is up. LOL. But once you choose ok then game shuts down (windows forcing the game closed)

So glad I can save though with a crash. Thats funny if you think about it. (just make sure you save as. For you start a new save, and don't save over a good one)

malkuth74 -> RE: Crash Report (3/30/2010 4:42:42 AM)

Well never mind. The save comes out currupt even though you can still save it. I just tried to continue my game and played for maybe 5 mins then it crashed again. Dam. I will have to use my older save that is like hour and half behind where I was which totally sucks!

This is why you have to have autosaves. Sometimes you get so into the game you just forget to save the game.

And by the way this is a New game under the new version you just released. Windows 7 64 Bit.

I will upload the save file as crash, you can play the save and it will crash since the save is currupted now. hopefully you will be able to find what it is.

The Saved file is uploaded and called: malkuthcrash329.dwg

Hussar712 -> RE: Crash Report (3/30/2010 5:51:58 AM)

Im getting the same problem Malkuth, im gonna upload my save too.

and i was so close to finishing the construction of a superweapon

ETA* ive got it uploaded, it's named "Hussar712-March30th-Error", disregard the other one i uploaded.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Crash Report (3/30/2010 2:57:28 PM)

Thank you for the reports, I'm sorry there are still some crashes going on but the saves are helping us find and fix these ASAP. We've been able to find a couple more crash causes in 1.02 that will be resolved in the next update. Please keep reporting and uploading saves if they crash for you and hopefully we'll get this all sorted out quickly.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Crash Report (3/30/2010 2:58:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hussar712 and i was so close to finishing the construction of a superweapon ETA* ive got it uploaded, it's named "Hussar712-March30th-Error", disregard the other one i uploaded.

Thanks, was this also in a game that was started in 1.0.2? I ask because the superweapon was one of the 1.0.0/1.0.1 problems that could corrupt the save and cause crashes. If you started work on the superweapon before 1.0.2 that could have caused the problem that later created the crash.

Hussar712 -> RE: Crash Report (3/30/2010 4:17:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Thanks, was this also in a game that was started in 1.0.2? I ask because the superweapon was one of the 1.0.0/1.0.1 problems that could corrupt the save and cause crashes. If you started work on the superweapon before 1.0.2 that could have caused the problem that later created the crash.

It was a new game from 1.02

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI