Ultimate Starnames (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

pndrev -> Ultimate Starnames (3/30/2010 12:51:06 PM)

As usual, when I start a new sci-fi 4X game...

This mod originally was developed for GalCiv2 and then ported and significantly extended for SotS.

At present, this mod gives you 12.331 unique star names.

With a huge galaxy spanning 1400 stars, that means that you could play 8 games before seeing the same name reappear!

Unpack into your customization folder and activate the "Ultimate Starnames Compilation" theme. Or integrate it into your very own mod, but keep the info.txt so others can update the name list when I add to it.

Current version: 1.03b - 30.05.2010

Enjoy!

hadberz -> RE: Ultimate Starnames (3/31/2010 12:00:03 PM)

Thanks [:)]

flankspeed -> RE: Ultimate Starnames (5/25/2010 7:51:32 PM)

Just starting using this very cool list.

Did find one bug though. The game apparent doesn't support the apostrophe character. So for example the system Keu'Loko displays as Keu?Loko. Doesn't really bother me, just thought you might want to know.

Kudos to the devs though, most game that run into a character they don't recognize...do no pass go, crash directly to desktop!

Edit: After further play I noticed some of the apostrophes display correctly...most of them actually. Only a few display with the ?...no idea what the x factor is.

Great star names list, love all the scifi system names Star Wars, Star Trek...awesome!

pndrev -> RE: Ultimate Starnames (5/30/2010 8:06:02 PM)

Hm. My first instinct was that some of them were apostrophes while others were in fact accents. However, all 159 instances were 'proper' apostrophes.

For the time being, I replaced those with additional spaces. Might look a bit weird with some names, but better than a question mark in the middle of a name. ;)

the1sean -> RE: Ultimate Starnames (6/1/2010 3:31:42 AM)

cool, thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI