Spend points on what ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Jeffery1965 -> Spend points on what ?? (7/15/2002 11:17:20 PM)

I have started to play PBEM and usually with scenario where by the forces already selected ..no problem on that ...

But when using points to spend , to buy forces , I am a bit confuse here..

Click on the armor , infantry , art list , there are so many types ?? what should I buy ...why kind of selection ??

Can someone help out ??

Hades -> (7/15/2002 11:18:47 PM)

what country are you? Who are you playing? what does the map you like?

Jeffery1965 -> (7/15/2002 11:29:16 PM)

Usually on the German side ...sometimes Russian...

maybe I am not familiar with the types of forces.. example when I try to choose the type of art ..there are so many types ...

Hope someone can give me a general guide on this ...........

Hades -> (7/15/2002 11:44:14 PM)

Well there are several type of arty.
Arty
Mortars- which are good for supressing stuff, but the Russian 120mm is very good at taking out tanks. exe 81mm, 4.2in
Howitzers- ob board guns kinda like mortars, exe. 75mm 76.2
off board- is usually big guns. exe 155mm 210mm 8inch
ROCKETS- awesome weapons if you have an ammo dump. kills inf by the score. exe 4.5 inch Nebelwufer

As you know artys main goal is supression, but kills are welcome.

Tanks
There is mainly three types of tanks. Main battle tanks, tank destoryers, and suport tanks
MBTs- alround tanks. good for taking out other tanks and inf. exe M4 Sherman, Tiger
Tank Destoryers- usually lightly armored moble at guns. exe Wolverine, Elefant
support tanks- good for killing inf not has good for killing tanks. M4 105, Stugs

Tanks alway need to be supported by inf

Inf

Rifle inf is just generic inf for each country
Special forces- are squads that can infiltrate across the battle field. exe Rangers, SAS, Commandos

uhmmm anything else?

hope i helped a little

G_X -> (7/16/2002 1:09:07 AM)

Just be like me, forget the infantry and buy Tanks (*thinks he gave away hsi plan to Hades about what he's gonna do in their PBEM game*) Speaking o' which Hades, mail's back up, for today at least, I'll jet you off my set up tonight.

Hades -> (7/16/2002 1:22:11 AM)

Don't listen to G_X you need combined arms. I'll be waiting.

rbrunsman -> Another Tip: (7/16/2002 1:52:11 AM)

If you are playing a country you are unfamiliar with, make sure you set up a dummy game and buy a sample of anything you are interested in and then check the detailed specifications of each unit. I played the Brits in my first PBEM (and I never play the Brits in solo play) and I selected several platoons of special ops forces and it turned out their sub-MGs only fired 2 hexes! :eek: :mad: The same thing happened with those stupid PIATs the Brits use. I could never get close enough to the Tigers I was fighting because my opponent used infantry support to protect them. An unsupported Tiger is going to be a dead Tiger. That was my fault for making assumptions. Keep in mind: Just because something costs more points does not make it better in every situation.

It also pays to look at what units your opponent is likely to select and then make your selections accordingly.

KG Erwin -> Choosing core forces-- (7/16/2002 4:34:57 AM)

Jeffery, I'd recommend checking out Larry Holt's tactics guide for some general info on picking core forces. For a campaign, a combined arms battalion combat team is the only way to go. For a particular scenario, consider the mission, the enemy, and the terrain. I hate to be so vague, but for someone who's not really sure what to buy, maybe you should play a PBEM scenario with a third-party to choose forces for BOTH sides. That could level the field a bit, if the opponents have unequal game experience.

G_X -> (7/16/2002 4:44:47 AM)

Yeah Hades and when my Panzers roll on over you...

We'll see, actually, I'm not worried about losing though. And I have support for my tanks! You'll see.

Jeffery1965 -> (7/16/2002 9:46:04 AM)

Thanks for response ...

I really should have study the individual type of forces and see what they can do

being from Asian country , knowledge about WW2 forces are really limited ...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI