Update Plans... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Erik Rutins -> Update Plans... (3/30/2010 6:56:01 PM)

Just to keep you all in the loop. We are planning on wrapping up the next update this Friday, testing it over the weekend and releasing it by Monday if all goes well. A public beta may be available over the weekend depending on how our initial testing goes. Fixing bugs is still our top priority, with a few more tenacious crash issues found and fixed so far and work on the out of memory save issue progressing. We will be trying to fit in time to address some other minor issues as well, but this is going to be primarily a bug fixing update.

Once we see if we've taken care of all the significant bugs, we will start doing more tweaks and improvements, but making sure DW is stable for everyone on all system is our top priority.

elmo3 -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 6:57:14 PM)

Thanks for the continued great support of DW.

lordxorn -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 6:59:06 PM)

Good news

Ranbir -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 6:59:42 PM)

Thank you for informing us!

Hyfrydle -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:03:29 PM)

Fantastic and letting us know proves I made the right decision when purchasing Distant Worlds.

Footslogger -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:04:34 PM)

We appreciate the news Erik. [sm=00000436.gif]

Veloxi -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:11:49 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the continual support. :)

Huwie -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:13:05 PM)

Thanks Erik (and Elliott), it's appreciated.

lenin -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:34:14 PM)

I can't believe you are updating the game again already. That's fantastic support.
Now, just waiting till midnight for my wages to be paid into my account, then I'm visiting the store........

HsojVvad -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:36:22 PM)

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. So many companies out there don't even let us know what is happening. I love how you show us the respect and let us know what is going on. It is greatly appreciated and you made a customer for life now.

codearchitect -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 7:59:55 PM)

I just registered on the forum here.

You have made a very good product with Distant Worlds and, like many others have said, you are doing a fantastic job in supporting it.

Thanks!

shinobu -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 9:39:34 PM)

Much appreciated! [&o]

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 9:41:56 PM)

Update lists of fixed issues would be helpful.

Veloxi -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 9:43:08 PM)

It's probably not finalized yet, hold yer dang horses. ;)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 9:48:33 PM)

Yes, fix list is not finalized yet. We'll be working on this right up to Friday and we'll release a change list at that point.

Veloxi -> RE: Update Plans... (3/30/2010 9:50:51 PM)

Thanks for being so vocal in talking to us fans, Erik. :)

Siljanus -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 1:37:24 AM)

With a game with this much complexity there are bound to be bugs and ways to improve it.  What made this game worth taking a chance on is the commitment that Matrix and the developer have shown in addressing our concerns and listening to player input.  Thanks for the hard work and although I'm having fun with the game now I look forward to seeing the game evolve in the coming days/weeks/months. 

2ndACR -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 2:02:38 AM)

You new guys are getting a taste of what a real Game company/publisher is all about.......Matrix is above everyone when it comes to support for all their games. Not taking away from Codeforce either.

Us old timers have come to expect this level of support from Matrix. Maybe we take it for granted too much and don't say how appreciated they are except to make my wife mad when I support them with my money.

Marcuso -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 5:11:24 AM)

As usual, kudos to Matrix Games and Codeforce for supporting their product. Three patches in a little over a week...wow. [sm=happy0065.gif]

Grotius -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 5:27:51 AM)

Thanks, Erik! As 2ndACR said, good support is a hallmark of Matrix games. It's one reason I keeping buying their games.

EagleMountainDK -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 7:26:40 AM)

Thanks guys! [&o]

Gertjan -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 10:56:48 AM)

Thanks again for the heads up. I understand that you want to fix the most important bugs first. I feel sorry for the people that bought this game, but cant play it yet. Hang on guys!

But dont forget some important issues that have been flagged on this forum [;)]

mbar -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 3:43:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

You new guys are getting a taste of what a real Game company/publisher is all about.......Matrix is above everyone when it comes to support for all their games. Not taking away from Codeforce either.

Yes we are and yes we are impressed. New loyal customer right here. I have to say I'm enjoying the community too. You're all a good bunch.

Thanks for the news Erik.

DivePac88 -> RE: Update Plans... (3/31/2010 4:14:16 PM)

Thank you to the team, your effort is very much appreciated.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Update Plans... (4/1/2010 9:02:29 PM)

Just bumping this...

drillerman -> RE: Update Plans... (4/1/2010 9:23:44 PM)

What does bumping mean?[&:]

freeboy -> RE: Update Plans... (4/1/2010 9:25:28 PM)

by posting  the thread gets "bumped t othe top of the list.." like I just did, and u, and E

HsojVvad -> RE: Update Plans... (4/1/2010 9:26:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman

What does bumping mean?[&:]

It means if nobody posts in the thread, it goes down the list as new posts are made. Since the person dosn't really have anything to say, but wants it to be kept visible on page one instead of it falling behind so new people can see it and maybe not make posts about it, the person just says

"bump" to bring it to the top. Most forums usually let you do this once in a while but not ever hour or even every day.

freeboy -> RE: Update Plans... (4/1/2010 9:27:15 PM)

but E is the man.. really he can do what he wants, no?

HsojVvad -> RE: Update Plans... (4/1/2010 9:31:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

but E is the man.. really he can do what he wants, no?

Of course he can do what ever he wants lol. But he still has to set an example. He can't do it all the time, or else everyone will be bumping their posts all the time. [:-]

Basically by bumping this up, he is showing new members that they are still working on the game.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI