Demo Possibility? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Veloxi -> Demo Possibility? (3/30/2010 11:02:22 PM)

So I've been talking to friends on other forums and so on, and a lot of them have asked about a demo. Are there any plans of a demo of the game for folks to try before they buy? I love the game myself and try to gush about it, but that isn't enough sometimes. ;)

Thanks!

tgb -> RE: Demo Possibility? (3/30/2010 11:09:13 PM)

No.

Veloxi -> RE: Demo Possibility? (3/30/2010 11:12:27 PM)

Boooo!

licker -> RE: Demo Possibility? (3/30/2010 11:46:16 PM)

Yeah, I'm not sure how much work it would be to let people DL the game with some kind of activation feature.  Let them play the tutorials and then the game ends after 5 years or whatever.

I have some friends who are interested as well, but reluctant to jump in without a little taste first.

HsojVvad -> RE: Demo Possibility? (3/30/2010 11:47:50 PM)

A demo wouldn't do this game justice I believe. You wouldn't have every feature in there, and would make the game, look like a failed RTS game instead of a live 4X strategy game. I don't consider this a RTS game, but a living 4x Space game.

But I would recomend a small game, of say you and 2 opponents with a 10 star map of a turn of 5 or 10 years to play the game to get a feel for it. But from reading other posts, Matrix or CF is not releasing a demo for it, putting their little resources to fixing the game and making enhancments to it.

Veloxi -> RE: Demo Possibility? (3/30/2010 11:49:30 PM)

Sigh, figured as much. I bit the bullet on the game myself -- and glad I did -- because I'll play nearly anything with spaceships in it. However, other people have more self-control than I do. ;)

2ndACR -> RE: Demo Possibility? (3/31/2010 2:09:14 AM)

Just send them here. They can read it all for themselves.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI