Smoother & brighter stars! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Baleur -> Smoother & brighter stars! (4/1/2010 1:21:53 PM)

Updated attachment! I apologize as i no longer have the previous versions, only the very smoothest version.

Smoother & brighter stars! No more razor-sharp sunspots, also fixed / resized the sunspot texture so it doesnt pass outside the surface of the sun disk anymore (lolz [:D])
I also wanted to change the coronas (since they look horribly blocky), but blurring or changing 200 images aint my idea of fun.
(the neutron star corona looks great, but if i'd want to use that for the other stars i'd have to resize it to fit their larger radius, again, 200 image resizes is too annoying)

Update x2, added another version where i simply cleared the sunspot textures, so now the stars look smooth as in the preview picture in the interface, and yet another final version based on our real sun (taken from a picture of it, turned to greyscale, blended with original texture).

Extract to Distant Worlds\images\environment\stars

Screenshots of the final version!
(sidenote, i wish the red giant stars hue was a bit darker ingame so they dont look quite so pink, maby theres a value somewhere to edit?)
Before & After

[image]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3674/baleurstarsmod2before.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4760/baleurstarsmod2after.jpg[/image]

Deto -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (4/1/2010 1:49:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

Smoother & brighter stars! No more razor-sharp sunspots, also fixed / resized the sunspot texture so it doesnt pass outside the surface of the sun disk anymore (lolz [:D])
I also wanted to change the coronas (since they look horribly blocky), but blurring or changing 200 images aint my idea of fun.
(the neutron star corona looks great, but if i'd want to use that for the other stars i'd have to resize it to fit their larger radius, again, 200 image resizes is too annoying)

Extract to Distant Worlds\images\environment\stars
http://www.filefront.com/15993545/stars.rar (still cant upload here, errors)

Can you post screens of the changes? I'd love to see before loading :)

DivePac88 -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (4/1/2010 2:47:21 PM)

Deto I have installed Baleur's mod, and here is an edited screenshot. I do think that Baleur's suns look more defined and brighter that the old art-work.

Thank you Baleur for your time and effort.

[image]local://upfiles/30275/101C092A1B28429484075DE01FF384BC.jpg[/image]

Deto -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (4/1/2010 2:53:14 PM)

Oo, really nice one! Makes more fun to watch my fleets hangaround in the sun :D Thanks Baleur!

lordxorn -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (4/2/2010 5:55:31 AM)

Nice Baleur

Xavier5733 -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (6/19/2010 4:03:04 PM)

This file is no more available [:(]

Is anybody knows where I can download it ?

OverlordCW -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (6/20/2010 11:08:57 AM)

Here you go.

tornnight -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (6/21/2010 9:32:59 PM)

This looks so much better in game than the originals. I wasn't convinced by your screenshots.

Xavier5733 -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (6/24/2010 9:34:04 AM)

Thanks a lot [;)]

Baleur -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (11/26/2011 2:43:40 PM)

Updated attachment, apologize for the old broken links :)

Ogaburan -> RE: Smoother & brighter stars! (1/5/2012 9:20:26 PM)

Cant download... is the link broken or am i really stupid and missing some obvious thing?
(I press attachment and it re-links me to this post...)

Edit; Sorted, have no idea what was wrong...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI