More of the great music for even more variety, please. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Wade1000 -> More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/1/2010 6:12:22 PM)

More of the great music for even more variety, please.

-Please add more of the great epic orchestra music and the relaxing piano music. It's great that the music is similiar to the music of Star Wars and other similiar music and science fiction.
Maybe more piano music like in Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' series, which as I understand it is a version of 'Heaven and Hell' by Vangelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7n71pm0K04
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vangelis+heaven+and+hell&aq=f

Hertston -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/1/2010 7:37:11 PM)

On the subject of music, can somebody tell me what game 'DistantWorldsTheme' (with another name presumably) has been used in before? I'm sure it's not original to DW, but it's driving me nuts not being able to remember every time I hear it.

VarekRaith -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/1/2010 7:54:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

On the subject of music, can somebody tell me what game 'DistantWorldsTheme' (with another name presumably) has been used in before? I'm sure it's not original to DW, but it's driving me nuts not being able to remember every time I hear it.

It sounds so familiar...[&:][&:][&:]

Firehawk153 -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/2/2010 2:53:54 AM)

I agree; I enjoy the orchestral score as well.

Hertston, I'm not sure about the theme music but I could swear that some of the music in Distant Worlds I've either heard before in either the game Distant Guns or Jutland by Storm Eagle Studios.

Hertston -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/2/2010 5:27:48 AM)

Jutland! [:)] Yes, that's it. Thanks.

HsojVvad -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/2/2010 6:12:24 AM)

One space musicy music I like is from Mike Oldfield. Songs of a Distant Earth. Based on a book written by Arthur C Clarke. I love the soundtrack. Not shure if this would be anygood for DW, but some parts of the album are just awsome for the game.

Here is the first song from The Songs of a Distant Earth.

Let there be Light

Gertjan -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/2/2010 10:10:22 AM)

I like the suggestion to expand the music!

Hertston -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (4/2/2010 10:43:13 AM)

The game will play whatever .mp3s you stick in the music folder, so expansion with whatever you like is easy. You need to keep 'DistantWorldsTheme' in as that's the one it starts with (and even then you could presumably just change the name of another file).

rxnnxs -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (12/6/2014 7:37:50 PM)

hello there,

i did a search before making a new thread and then, when looking for similar threads, found this one.
maybe you like some of this good old music:

-> OST - Alien (1979) - Jerry Goldsmith

i really enjoy playing DW with this music and star trek and the original music. its a good variation to the original that sounds too familiar after some hours of playing.

Zap -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (12/8/2014 5:52:52 AM)

would moody blues music work?

Darkspire -> RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. (12/8/2014 6:44:40 AM)

Check out 'Space Ambient' in the Repository in my signature below [:)]

Darkspire

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI