RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

RavenX -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/3/2010 1:22:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

I've been playing DW since the day it was released, and I have had no crashes at all. Now admittedly I do have a high-spec Laptop, but even in my latest game with a 1400-star galaxy there has been no crashes.

I must also add that I've also had no Economy crashes also, and I believe the reason is that I run everything. That means no automation what-so-ever. I learnt this from War in the Pacific, never ever lit the AI run anything, never!

That's a general "Rule of Gaming" to me, brother. I always want full control of my Empire/Nation/Army etc etc. Always, always, ALWAYS, do it your-self....if you don't do it your-self then don't moan and complain when the AI doesn't do a good job. I don't know anyone that buys a game so they can watch it play its-self for them. Having a AI that's capable of handling minor tasks so the player doesn't have too can be a good thing, but when learning to play the game these things should be turned off by default so the player can learn and understand how they work before handing them off to the AI. If you don't know how a system works then you won't know what the AI does wrong and how to correct it.

The words of "Forest Gump" were never more apt then in situations like this. "Stupid is as stupid does"...or in this case, doesn't do...lol.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI