General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

thegrimace -> General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (4/4/2010 9:26:40 PM)

Being able to tell massive groups of ships to retrofit at once (& easily, like in the ships screen).

an option to show all un-obsolete ships in the design tab (if you have 2 destroyers it will only show the most recent unless you show all)

ability to "right click menu" in tabs... not must main page.

Other suggestions?

BigWolfChris -> RE: General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (4/4/2010 9:39:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thegrimace

an option to show all un-obsolete ships in the design tab (if you have 2 destroyers it will only show the most recent unless you show all)

I believe this will be in the next patch which should be out during the next week

thegrimace -> RE: General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (4/5/2010 5:25:57 PM)

I thought of a few more... is there a better place to just post game improvements? I understand many of these suggestions are not mod-able.

Either don't let computers sell you colonies in their systems or make them understand you bought it from them, the fastest way to get into a war you don't start is buying a colony in a system where they have others.

Same sorta applies to 'if a colony rebels against them and joins you', it will either cause a war, or just go right back to them because of the "awe of other colonies thing"... funny they join you because of their oppressive gov't then are in awe of them.

Is there a way to tell ships to just idle but not loose fuel? or automatically refuel without total automation... which generally just leaves my fleets all over the place and totally not ready for war. If I don't automate I have to remember to tell them to refuel every once and awhile.

BTW if you want to play a game with more than the prescribed max AIs, you can always add mature independent races that can form into players... makes for an interesting and difficult game.

Cheet4h -> RE: General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (4/5/2010 7:15:57 PM)

quote:

Is there a way to tell ships to just idle but not loose fuel? or automatically refuel without total automation... which generally just leaves my fleets all over the place and totally not ready for war. If I don't automate I have to remember to tell them to refuel every once and awhile.

Yes, there is.
Add Energy Collectors to the Design, then select the ships and press 's'.
This stops them and if they have less static energy consumption than energy production (via ECs), then they don'T use up fuel.
They need to stand still in space, orbiting a planet doesn't count.

Sarissofoi -> RE: General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (4/5/2010 9:52:28 PM)

Actually I would to see option like this:
  1. No special tech trade
  2. No tech trade(zero tech trading)
  3. No tech brokering(you can trade only these techs what you resarched)
These options should be chosen on customisation screen(like independents can grow into full empires).

Tarrasque -> RE: General Game Improvement (suggestions for all mods) (4/6/2010 6:08:02 AM)

1) when the AI wants to trade planets, have the name clickable so you and quickly see which ones theys are talking about, takes a minute so or so to zoom around and find out which planets they want to trade.
2) a button in trading screen which is long the lines of "what do you want for this" so say a tech or planet, that you want, press button they go, how about this as a counter offer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI