Air R&D (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

zace -> Air R&D (4/6/2010 1:05:17 PM)

I understand that Air R&D was largely added to help the AI out. That said it is in there and there is little knowledge I have been able to find on specifically how it works.

The manual says that everytime you would have built a plane you move the arrival date up 1 month. I have never gotten a message to this effect (has anyone else?).

Has anyone ever had an arrival date moved up at all?

Chickenboy -> RE: Air R&D (4/6/2010 1:32:44 PM)

Hi Zace,

Yes, you can move up the arrival date of researched aircraft. It's not a matter of building planes, however.

The short version is that when you accumulate 100 research factory points towards an engine or an airframe, there's a *chance* that you will advance the arrival date by one month. AFAIK, this holds for either airframe or engine research programs.

Whether you are able to successfully advance the arrival date or not, you'll get the airframes or engines on the historical date they became available.

Also, IIRC, you don't accumulate any research points towards an item until all of the 'damage' to a particular factory is 100% repaired. There are those that accordingly espouse the benefits of many smaller research factories versus one bigger one-since they repair sooner, they'll be able to contribute to your research pool accumulated sooner.

Hope this helps.

castor troy -> RE: Air R&D (4/6/2010 2:27:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zace

I understand that Air R&D was largely added to help the AI out. That said it is in there and there is little knowledge I have been able to find on specifically how it works.

The manual says that everytime you would have built a plane you move the arrival date up 1 month. I have never gotten a message to this effect (has anyone else?).

AFAIK the AI isnīt using R&D, is it?

Chickenboy -> RE: Air R&D (4/6/2010 3:14:04 PM)

quote:

I didn't answer this in my first go around.

Yes, I've seen arrival dates moved up in the game. You should temper your expectations though. Arrival dates may be moved up a month or two, rarely more. You're not going to get Reppus in 1942, so plan your production accordingly.

zace -> RE: Air R&D (4/6/2010 6:38:55 PM)

Is there a message or anywhere to check the effectiveness of the R&D?

quote:

Also, IIRC, you don't accumulate any research points towards an item until all of the 'damage' to a particular factory is 100% repaired. There are those that accordingly espouse the benefits of many smaller research factories versus one bigger one-since they repair sooner, they'll be able to contribute to your research pool accumulated sooner.

Can anyone confirm this?

pompack -> RE: Air R&D (4/6/2010 8:57:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

Can anyone confirm this?

IIRC, it was Damian who set up a sandbox with initial large R&D values with and without damage and pretty well demonstrated that factories with any damage contribute nothing. He also demonstrated that large factories will repair R&D "damage" faster than small R&d factories. As usual I can't find the thread now.

P.Hausser -> RE: Air R&D (4/7/2010 11:33:53 AM)

When PDU is On, and Realistic R&D is Off,   can you comfirm that  R&D Plants start to produce A/C's when aircraft avl. date has been reached.

Chickenboy -> RE: Air R&D (4/7/2010 12:13:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

Can anyone confirm this?

zace,

You will get periodic notices that 'xyz' device was accelerated in your OPS report when it occurs.

LoBaron -> RE: Air R&D (4/7/2010 6:20:56 PM)

Also the manual contains very vague hints that a couple of small R&D factories produce more points than one large of similar size for whatever reason.

The only one I can think of is that the larger ones require more supply stock to run, but when this is given I donīt know any details about additional differences.
Wonderwhat the manual refers to...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI