What to do (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Grallon -> What to do (4/6/2010 2:27:26 PM)

I must be missing something since I find there's nothing to do in this game but rush to colonize and churn out ships to protect them... The cultural aspect is abstracted, there's no special projects to build, no infrastructure... It's as if the game can run without your input. I play for 10-15 minutes and then quit in frustration.

Am I missing something?

G.

lordxorn -> RE: What to do (4/6/2010 2:32:56 PM)

Did you try the tutorials?

Also there is ample information now in the forums and the game description that explained that the DW economy is a macro type game. You can only indirectly influence your private sector, which make sense. Your job as supreme overlord is to ensure your economy can thrive by scouting out new resources/luxuries, expanding, and protecting. In some cases you have to go to war to ensure your economy will thrive.

What Distant Worlds is not is a Civ in space type game, or Sim City.

BigWolfChris -> RE: What to do (4/6/2010 2:45:20 PM)

Personally I tend to agree that it would be nice if there were more too do

But of course, all 4x games are the same, just most of the others allow the player to also choose directions of technology and directly choose what infrastructure will be placed on worlds to support the fleets

licker -> RE: What to do (4/6/2010 3:20:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grallon

I must be missing something since I find there's nothing to do in this game but rush to colonize and churn out ships to protect them... The cultural aspect is abstracted, there's no special projects to build, no infrastructure... It's as if the game can run without your input. I play for 10-15 minutes and then quit in frustration.

Am I missing something?

G.

No, you're not missing anything. The design of DW is different from most other 4x games, so the game play may not suit everyones taste.

I appreciate the automation to an extent, as it allows for you to focus on different aspects of your empire at different times without having to DO EVERYTHING. Though there are some tweeks needed (and coming) to get it right.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI