Can't get beyond splash screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Campaigns on the Danube Support

libdab -> Can't get beyond splash screen (4/7/2010 9:33:06 AM)

Hello.

I've just purchased CotD and I can't get it to load. I get the splash screen and stirring music but after a minute the music stops and the splash screen just sits there (I've waited for up to 5 minutes before closing it down).

I've installed the 2.1 and 2.2 patches but to no effect. I've also tried installing on both my home and work PCs but with the same result.

Could someone help before I decide to get a refund?

Cheers.

Friedrich -> RE: Can't get beyond splash screen (4/7/2010 11:12:32 AM)

Did you try different compatibility modes? Check win 95, win 98 or win 2000 mode. I can run the game even on a win 7 system with win 95 mode. There are sometimes some strange error messages in the background but I can play. Another advice would be to change the name of the intromusic.wav in intromusic.bak.

Or just register the game and get the new beta patch 2.22. The game should run then. But beware that there will be no sound effects. I hope Matrix will add them in the official release...

libdab -> RE: Can't get beyond splash screen (4/7/2010 12:31:36 PM)

Thanks, Friedrich - win95 compatibility did the trick.

vharpley -> RE: Can't get beyond splash screen (12/24/2010 5:23:21 PM)

I have Windows 7 and have loaded all the patches except the beta patch. I load the patches under Windows 98 Compatibility Mode and start the game under the same mode. In all situations I hear the music, get the selection screen, start the scenario and get an "Exception Error", then the game fails. What am I doing worng to get this game to work?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI