Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

barniewhittle -> Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 9:34:26 AM)

... the normal press escape doesn't seem to do anything. I've been trying to diagnose a few issues with 1.0.3 and it's a pain having to watch the full intro every time...

Thanks [:)]

jnpoint -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 10:42:43 AM)

press left mouse button

Hyfrydle -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 11:10:18 AM)

I also have an issue with this no matter what I press I can't skip the intro movies. Before the second patch I could but since then all that happens is nothing unless I press enter then I get the choose custom backgrounds etc screen can't remember what it's called. This sits there while the intro movies play then the game starts.   This is very annoying!!!

FerretStyle -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 12:13:05 PM)

Go into your distant worlds folder, find the directory called "Movies".

There are three .wmv files there (you will need to unhide extensions in file names), back them up or delete them but either way make sure you know the exact name. Now go and make three blank text files, rename them the exact same name including changing the extension from .txt to .wmv.

That should do it, it worked for me.

barniewhittle -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 2:57:14 PM)

Thx guys..[:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 3:12:58 PM)

Does the left mouse click not work for you?

Hyfrydle -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 3:35:05 PM)

Hi Erik   When the game was first released patched to 1.01 the left mouse button worked fine since patches 1.02 and 1.03 this is no longer the case. I am unable to skip the intro movies.

barniewhittle -> RE: Any way of skipping the intro videos on start? (4/7/2010 5:16:21 PM)

Left click works fine for me... just an unusual convention - more used to Esc or Return.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI