Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

matt.buttsworth -> Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (4/7/2010 12:23:21 PM)

In a carrier battle at 6 squares range no carrier attack flights were launched despite the allied carriers having an advantage.
Does anyone know why this is so?
What about keeping carrier task forces together?
What is the best way to do so?

Thanks Matthew

matt.buttsworth -> RE: Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (4/7/2010 12:38:08 PM)

How to change commanders of a carrier task force?

I do not see an option.

MB

ckammp -> RE: Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (4/7/2010 2:22:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matt.buttsworth

How to change commanders of a carrier task force?

I do not see an option.

MB

To change TF commanders, the TF must be at a port, not at sea. Once at a port, click the commander's name to change.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (4/7/2010 3:09:34 PM)

There's no way to ensure that cvtfs stay in the same hex. About the best that you can do is have them follow an sctf with 0 react range and have low initiative cvtf leaders. You can also bet on them reacting by having similiarly high initiative ratings as well. Either way, the more cvtfs in the hex, the more likely they'll split by reacting.

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (4/7/2010 6:41:55 PM)

Agree with anarchy.  If you want to keep them together, order them to follow a surface TF.  For form's sake, I usually designate a CA as the "flag", make a 1 ship TF of it, set reaction to 0 and order my CV TFs to follow at range 0 with reaction set to 0.

dasboot1960 -> RE: Carrier attack not launched Allies June 42? (4/8/2010 12:18:09 AM)

Don't forget weather... I've been on both sides (the time weather was aginst me was worse) Also have gotten first strike (3x US CV) in vs KB in Jan41, had 150+ get in coordinated, and 70-odd survive CAP - AND THEN have every stinking one miss EVERY one. I LOVE this game. I may even be dangerous if I ever learn how to play.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI