Home World Type (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Barthheart -> Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:11:44 PM)

Starting a game as Humans, why do they always, at least for me, start on a Marshy Swamp home world when the race file gives their default home world in Continental? I always set the selector to "Normal" starting world in the game....

idgar -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:23:36 PM)

Quoting myself from another thread...

quote:

ORIGINAL: idgar

The type of planet you start on depends on the "Home System" setting, which affect the whole system as well. I guess the Quick Start choices (apart from "random") have a fixed setting for this.

Harsh: Desert
Trying, Normal: Marshy Swamp
Agreeable, Excellent: Continental

From this thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2429854

Edit:
I tried 3-5 restarts on each setting with random race. Always the same type of home world.

Barthheart -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:27:18 PM)

Sounds like a well though out reason but what the heck is the Race file setting for then?

And why isn't "Normal" ummm... normal?? [:'(] Why have 5 settings with only 3 planet types to choose from?

idgar -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:37:27 PM)

The Race file setting appears to decide type of planet the race can colonize without needing tech. So the races with "Continental" setting has to rely on tech alone or integrating other races who can colonize other planet types.

belouski -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:47:22 PM)

The backstory explains why you might find yourself starting off on a world not perfectly suited for your race.

The 5 settings also influence resources and other habitable planets (sometimes with independent colonies) that you will find in your starting system. I guess it might influence what resources you might find close to your system as well.

Korvus77 -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:48:08 PM)

I'd just like to start off in the Sol system. Right now I hold the holy system against all would be usurpers clear on the other side of the galaxy. [:-]

Barthheart -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 6:51:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: belouski

The backstory explains why you might find yourself starting off on a world not perfectly suited for your race.

This I'll buy as I haven't actually gotten to far into the game yet to find the entire backstory.

Thanks![8D]

JonathanStrange -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 8:40:30 PM)

Marshy swamp people, that's us and it's cool. We can't stand those marshy swamp moon people though.

Actually, other than being disconcerting, the homeworld start is fine for practical purposes. Well, maybe not fine but livable.

HsojVvad -> RE: Home World Type (4/7/2010 8:45:41 PM)

I noticed this too. I don't understand as well. So if that means we start on a Marsh world, we can colonize continental and marsh worlds then?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI