Planetary Surrender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Malevolence -> Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 1:19:27 AM)

I suggest that while my fleet controls the skies of an enemy planet, I should be permitted to offer them the chance to unconditionally surrender or suffer the pain of my nuclear bombardment.

I should be considered less evil than if I had just bombarded the planet to dust.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 1:36:50 AM)

Good suggestion, please post it in the master wish list.

Malevolence -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 1:41:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Good suggestion, please post it in the master wish list.

Thanks. and done.

Fishman -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 1:58:55 AM)

You can bombard planets to dust? How does one do that? I have firestorm-equipped cruisers, but they do not appear to bombard when ordered to attack.

Krelos -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 2:02:34 AM)

Indeed, I have not yet been able to get any ship of mine to bombard any planet, regardless of the bombardment weapons they have.

Malevolence -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 2:17:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krelos

Indeed, I have not yet been able to get any ship of mine to bombard any planet, regardless of the bombardment weapons they have.

Yes, it is a GREAT PAIN. But when you are an evil despot, you don't let such things stand in your way.

(1) Make a ship strictly for bombardment. Because I bomb early and often, I use Nuclear Devastators most of the time. Don't put lasers and torps, etc. on it. If you do, and you right-click on the planet they will want to blockade instead of bombard.

(this is one of many "issues" with the default order routine the command interface uses. I would prefer to pick the command I want, but that is another thread.)

(2) Put all your bombardment ships in a fleet all their own. No one else.

(3) Use another fleet to clear the aerospace above your target. Everything must be gone in terms of bases.

(4) Select a bunch of ships from your bombardment fleet using the shift-select or drag-box (where it says "(multiple ships)" in the summary window). Don't use the fleet-select to grab your whole fleet. Keep it to around 5 or 6 ships. Why? I don't know. For some reason, my fleet of ten ships refuses to bombard the planet, unless I do it this way.

(5) Right-click on the planet. You will get the option to bombard.

(6) Put on your evil grin and watch their world die in a fury of nuclear fire.

rinse and repeat...

Some notes... any race that makes up the population of that world you killed will immediately hate you. So even if it's a world owned by the Dhayut empire, if there are Securan's on that world, the Securan empire is going to declare war on you. If your own race is there, expect a good portion of your empire to likely revolt (depending on your race/government types). You can't be a good guy and bombard. White hat people need not apply.

However, if you have the stones for it, planned, simultaneous bombardment strikes across an enemy empire will wreck their economy.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 2:36:31 AM)

Holding down the Shift key while targeting the planet should also allow you to bombard.

Malevolence -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 3:18:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Holding down the Shift key while targeting the planet should also allow you to bombard.

Do you sleep? [&o]

So I can override any default command by holding down shift when right-clicking?

Gertjan -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 6:53:50 AM)

Lol you didnt know that yet :) [X(]

Malevolence -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 8:28:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

Lol you didnt know that yet :) [X(]

How would I know? [:@]

Is there a manual fairy out there?!?! My AA guns probably shot her down.

Fishman -> RE: Planetary Surrender (4/12/2010 10:11:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

Do you sleep? [&o]
He probably does. I mean, I don't sleep, and if I were running this show, the patch would be out NOW. And then another one in about 5 minutes after someone else reports something. And soforth. That's what happens when you don't sleep.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI