1792 Campaign Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted

Yearworld -> 1792 Campaign Game (4/12/2010 7:38:30 PM)

Hi all. Would anyone like to play a 1792-1802 Campaign PBEM game? The 1792 Campaign is quite different from the 1805 Campaign and might be a fun change for those who have played many 1805 games.

Some of the significant changes:
French Morale is only 3.0! France is NOT a dominent power in 1792.
New Generals: Suvarov, Moreau, Hoche, York etc. Napoleon does not show up until 4 years into the game.
Different Order of Batte: Every Nation has different Corps sizes for example the French Corps are only 14I/M 2C.
Different Starting Conditions: France only controls its home Nation, Britain starts with German Minors, Spain already controls Naples etc.
Heavy Ships only-no transport or light ships.
Here is the version of the Game. Read the included Word file for more information about the game:
www.sendspace.com/file/mi3iuz

So post in this thread if you would like to play. Anyone with questions can ask in the thread or contact me at yearworld@msn.com

Thanks

Mardonius -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/12/2010 8:36:15 PM)

I'd be interested.
best
Mardonius

Yearworld -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/12/2010 10:08:32 PM)

Hi Mardonius thanks for playing. Borner has also expressed interest in playing. So we only need 4 more players. Also if someone would like to host that would be nice since I've never done it before and don't really know how. Thanks

Yearworld

Ulahtonius -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/13/2010 9:16:40 AM)

Hi, I also want to play sounds good. By the way, how do you manage change the leaders etc. Regards, Vladimir

delatbabel -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/13/2010 10:56:13 AM)

That should be "Suvorov" not "Suvarov". Spelled (in cyrillic) as "CYBOPOB", the Russian "o" defaults to an "a" pronunciation when it is in a syllable that is not stressed. So the more correct transliteration into the latin alphabet is "Suvorov" although it's pronounced "SUvaROV".

There is a "wps" file included in your zip file. I'm not sure what that is but it's not a word file. Do you have it as a text or PDF or something I can read?

Mardonius -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/13/2010 1:14:38 PM)

Both Spellings of Suvorov/Suvarov are acceptable in English. Transliteration is sometimes set by precedent and not logic. See http://www.napoleonguide.com/soldiers_suvarov.htm

Ulahtonius -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/13/2010 2:41:10 PM)

Hi all, I tend to agree with Mardonius. Most common in Russian is used: Suvorov (because this is the way it it pronounced) SU-vo- ROV. Who will host the game? Regards, Vladimir

Yearworld -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/13/2010 3:01:54 PM)

Thanks for signing up Del and Ulahtonius. One player is dropping out for technical reasons so we still need 3 more players.

If anyone else can't get the word file open email me and I will send you a txt file.

We don't have a host yet so if anyone wants to host that is fine with me.

Ulahtonius asked about creating the generals. In the editor you can either create a new general by double clicking on the top name box(I think) and selecting Create a General. Or you can just change the stats of an existing general and change the name of that general.

Suvorov is probably correct. I used Suvarov because that is how the AH General magazine spelled it for the 1792 Campaign Game.

Yearworld

Pans -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/15/2010 9:31:35 AM)

I would like to join

Andreas

GMeyer -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/15/2010 2:25:05 PM)

So would I.

Yearworld -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/15/2010 3:26:53 PM)

Sorry should have posted this earlier but we have our 7 players now. I'll set up a yahoo group so we can get started.

GMeyer -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/17/2010 3:32:05 PM)

To anyone contemplating joining this group:  After accepting the posted invitation, I was sent a file that Norton warned me contained a virus and thereafter I was dis-invited from the group because I am lawyer and, thus, could not keep up with the rapid pace of this game.  This step was taken without paying me the courtesy of discussing the issue.

Yearworld -> RE: 1792 Campaign Game (4/17/2010 3:52:36 PM)

I'm not going to get in an argument with you. I admit I should have discussed it with you more before replacing you as a player. But it has nothing to do with you being a lawyer or etc. It has to do with the fact that I haven't received an email from you for a few days and you aren't signed up to the Yahoo group and we are about to start bidding.

Yearworld

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI