Man this forum seems dead (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

bigmed1204 -> Man this forum seems dead (4/12/2010 8:10:08 PM)

Gah, go away for 4-5 years and this is what happens.

cantona2 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/12/2010 9:29:13 PM)

Everyones over at the AE forum [:D][sm=character0267.gif]

CarnageINC -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/12/2010 11:22:08 PM)

Yeah, AE is a very great improvement over vanilla WITP, buy and come join the party! [:D]

bigmed1204 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 1:50:53 AM)

Well hell since you guys twisted my arm and all I guess I'll have to buy it. Peer pressure's a b****. My wife asks where I got though I'm saying someone gave it to me. Pure genius.

Talon_XBMCX -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 2:39:53 AM)

Thats why I usually get the download version ... keeps the wife off the trail. [;)] But having the AE manual is worth her [8|] [:D]
quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmed1204

Well hell since you guys twisted my arm and all I guess I'll have to buy it. Peer pressure's a b****. My wife asks where I got though I'm saying someone gave it to me. Pure genius.

bigmed1204 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 1:16:12 PM)

Maybe I can have it delivered to work.......

Bondo16 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 4:23:30 PM)

Oh good I'm not the only one who has a wife who doesn't approve of their need to conquer the pacific!! [:-] <----my wife...likeness not even close though.....

bigmed1204 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 6:43:25 PM)

Yeah definitely not the only one.  In fact if your wife approved, you'd definitely be in the minority, at a minimum, [:D]

tocaff -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 8:39:48 PM)

My wife will sometimes mention the amount of time I spend on my PBEMs, but she doesn't have reason to complain when my last game purchase was AE and before that WITP & WPO.  Besides she'd rather have me home than in a bar.

gladiatt -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/13/2010 9:56:04 PM)

My wife choose at random between 2 solutions, each day:

1) She don't care as long as we are making things together ( shopping, hicking, you know, this kind of stuff)
2) She laugh at me when i explain that my opponant did twist my forces and ruin my plans.

[:'(]

NAVMAN -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 12:14:49 AM)

Well, my wife got upset at the time I was spending on the computer in general.
One day, as I was playing an SSI game, she walked over to the pc and emptied
a pot of water on the machine and me.
Needless to say, I am now single.
BTW, why do the morale value of Allied air units, both land and sea, seem so low
in the later scenarios. I see values in the 40-50 range. I would have thought that in '44,
starting morale would be better. It's causing some probs in my games. Any ideas?

Talon_XBMCX -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 1:42:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmed1204

Maybe I can have it delivered to work.......

Thats what I did when a "friend" gave me the Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS ;)

tocaff -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 2:32:37 AM)

The low morale later in the war was due to fatigue after years of fighting.  New replacements are not welcomed with open arms by the vets and the vets are tired of fighting.  If the rest areas are hellish then imagine what the combat must've been like.  Besides how many happy campers will you have when their lives are at risk and the fighting is brutal?  The only thing troops on the battlefield want is to survive and go home ASAP.

rominet -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 8:45:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

My wife will sometimes mention the amount of time I spend on my PBEMs, but she doesn't have reason to complain when my last game purchase was AE and before that WITP & WPO.  Besides she'd rather have me home than in a bar.

[&o]
Exactly the same for me but with a very small difference:
it seems that to the eyes of my wife, my virility depends directly of my capacity to win the game.
She often ask me: "when will you sink Emek's CV?"
"Soon, honey, soon"[:(]

[:D]

tocaff -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 1:03:15 PM)

[:D]

If my virility was linked to my 2 PBEMs then I'd have the new name of Numbnutz.  As the Japanese in 4/44 I'm in deep stuff and as the Allies, well read my AAR. [sm=00000945.gif]

Bondo16 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 9:26:05 PM)

See, this forum isn't dead....we just need to talk about our wives!! Out of curiosity am I alone in being you younger married man at 28??

NAVMAN -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/14/2010 11:46:39 PM)

tocaff, thx for your ideas re: low starting morale for allied air units. Did the devs actually use that as the reason?
I would agree that morale might suffer over time as losses mount. In the game however, I have new units
arriving in SF with low morale. As an example, VMF314 arrived at SF with a morale rating of 56 on 6/25/44.
The experience rating was 59. Morale value seems low for a new unit.
Thx.
navman

bigmed1204 -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/15/2010 1:10:52 AM)

yes. it's a wife thread with a little witp thrown in. I can feel the complexity level rising. and i'm only 33 myself. been married for 8 years already.

Talon_XBMCX -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (4/15/2010 1:40:24 AM)

Been married since I was 22 ... 44 now ... and she still puts up with all my gaming habits. Guess I got lucky on that account! :)

JeffroK -> RE: Man this forum seems dead (5/10/2010 8:27:21 AM)

Sitting at the PC doesn't take as much space as having the Highway to the Reich maps & units spread out on the dining room floor.

PLUS WITP & AE & BFTB when it arrives are far cheaper than me going to the pub or my wife's quilting hobby!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI