RE: What's with The History Channel?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Feltan -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/15/2010 11:48:11 PM)

Well I have to admit an affinity for Pawn Stars. I have come to believe that if I ran a pawn shop, I would go broke quite quickly. :-)

As for the rest of the History Channel, it has unfortunately been dumbed down to drive up ratings. Such activity is systemic; any channel I start to like changes, or any show I want to follow inevitably gets cancelled.

This causes me dismay. However, I have had an idea kicking around. Instead of being upset, embrace the dumbing down of America. Make a few bucks while you are at it!

I have an idea for my own reality show for the History Channel or any other cable outlet.

My show would be called "Bass Boats, Babes and Booze." My buddies and me would go around to fishing sites all across the country, drink copious amounts of adult beverages while fishing, and have the boat handled by hot babes in bikinis. This would be a sacrifice as I could see it eating into my gaming time, but, you know, anything to contribute to our current culture.

Regards,
Feltan

t001001001 -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/15/2010 11:53:16 PM)

I like Pawn Stars.  About half the show is about history as they have experts come in to examine old weapons, documents, uniforms, etc. It's obvious Rick is interested in history. It's one of my favorite shows [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m6.gif[/img]

I think history channel changed up its format a bit b/c military channel is hitting, plus discovery wings, BIOCH (that's how bio channel is abbreviated in my cable guide [;)] ), and so on. 

I'm bored w/ all the old b/w documentaries.  I used to love im but after I've already seen the same footage (all that's available) 50x it starts to get dry.

Canoerebel -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/15/2010 11:54:34 PM)

We haven't ever had cable (or satellite), and when television went digital a few years ago we didn't bother getting a converter box. We don't watch televiosion shows, but we do use the t.v. as a movie screen to watch old movies like Stalag 17, Casablanca, North by Northwest, To Have and Have Not, The Sound of Music, and other works of art that don't poison the brain.

The rest of the time we read.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/16/2010 2:13:47 AM)

quote:

We haven't ever had cable (or satellite), and when television went digital a few years ago we didn't bother getting a converter box. We don't watch televiosion shows, but we do use the t.v. as a movie screen to watch old movies like Stalag 17, Casablanca, North by Northwest, To Have and Have Not, The Sound of Music, and other works of art that don't poison the brain.

The rest of the time we read.

[&o] Man.....I need to live next to you. I really do detest the modern world & the nightmare its become. [:D]

NefariousKoel -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/16/2010 10:57:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmurphy625

I'm bummed, first Comcast said they were giving us the Military Channel when they did the switch over, but now that does not seem to be the case!!!.. Boy I hate Cable!!!.[:-] wish FIOS was available here!

I've had a few different cable companies in my lifetime and Comcast was the worst. They suck ass like there's a shortage.

billyjj -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/17/2010 12:52:22 AM)

Home Improvement shows have been turned into interior design shows.. no more building a deck in the backyard. The host is now a flaming homosexual, rather than an actually handyman like Bob Villa or someone... What color shall we paint the room? light purple or maybe pink?

diablo1 -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/17/2010 1:44:41 AM)

If you want good history anymore you have to subscribe to the "Military Channel" now or watch PBS for their war series when they play them every once in awhile.

nicwb -> RE: What's with The History Channel?? (10/17/2010 4:25:16 AM)

Ugh ! My own local version of the Histroy Channel is going funny too - "Nostradamus and 2012" - what does that sort of dross have to do with history ?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI