Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Cunctator -> Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/15/2010 7:13:35 PM)

We are playing Yearworld's classic scenario.
In the first turn Austria dowed Ansbach and France took control of it.
In the french reinforcement phase it was impossible to place a french garrison in that minor.
Help!

C.

Grognot -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/16/2010 9:58:59 AM)

France shouldn't be allowed to put a French garrison there during reinforcement, because it's not part of the French home nation.  If France had a corps there already, it'd be legal to transfer factors into the corps (provided the corps met the 'supply chain no more than X depots' length) and then a garrison (*if* France is at war), but not otherwise.

Cunctator -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/16/2010 9:43:41 PM)

I'm sorry but I was inaccurate.
The program does not allow me to put 2 inf factors of garrison of Ansbach nationality into the capital city, Nuremberg.
France (me) took control of Ansbach after an austrian dow on that minor.
In the following french reinforcement phase I tried to place in Nuremberg the (Ansbachish?) minor garrison but I couldn't.
That is the problem.
Marshall may you solve it?
C.

delatbabel -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/18/2010 6:18:36 AM)

In theory, if you're playing a "classic" scenario, then minor nations which do not have corps also do not have garrisons.

Ergo: no problem.

Cunctator -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/18/2010 9:07:51 AM)

Oh yes, but all the other minors I dowed in the same turn (Modena, Breisgau, Baden) regularly placed their garrisons, while Nuremberg remains open and undefended against the austrians.

Ergo: we have a problem, but we can go on.

C.

Dancing Bear -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/18/2010 12:10:30 PM)

Ansbach had another bug in that it was not appearing on the list of minors that cold be selected to be taken as a surrender condition (mantis 608). I wonder if the two errors are related. However, I do know for sure that if Ansbach goes neutral in the 1805 game, you do get to place its garrison.

The surrender condition bug was fixed for version 1.08, maybe this will clear this up?

Yearworld -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/18/2010 1:00:55 PM)

I've checked and Ansbach should have a garrison in our Classic game. It must be a bug that you can't place the minor forces there as you should be able to.

Yearworld

Cunctator -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/19/2010 12:05:52 AM)

The strange fact is that during the french reinf phase I placed minor garrisons in Gottingen, Tuscany, a local corp in Morocco, etc.
I saw that I had to place 2 inf factors for Ansbach, but nothing happend when I clicked on Nuremberg.
After various attempts I decided to finish the phase and I received the correct warning from the program informing me that I would have lost the unplaced factors.
Surely it is a bug.
I think that we can go on, leaving this small advantage to the Austrians.
C.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/19/2010 2:22:19 PM)

Can you send me your game?

Cunctator -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/20/2010 11:31:16 PM)

here it is

Ted1066 -> RE: Nuremberg does not tolerate french garrison (4/21/2010 11:10:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cunctator

Oh yes, but all the other minors I dowed in the same turn (Modena, Breisgau, Baden) regularly placed their garrisons, while Nuremberg remains open and undefended against the austrians.

Ergo: we have a problem, but we can go on.

C.

And as the terrible, awful player that I am I TOTALLY exploited this absence of garrison [:)]

Ted

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI