Bounce? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Coleman -> Bounce? (7/19/2002 6:57:04 PM)

Another newbee question: In the air-to-air combat screen what does so-and-so squadron "bounces" other squadron mean? I know it must be significant. Also while I'm at it, what does it mean when the report says one squadron is lining up a tail attack -- is it a mark of relative squadron skill?

thantis -> (7/19/2002 7:13:13 PM)

If I remember correctly, bouncing has to do with relative altitudes...you bounce an enemy who is at a lower altitude (and hence at a disadvantage) from a higher altitude - also means you are ambushing them (taking them by surprise).

HMSWarspite -> (7/20/2002 12:07:35 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thantis
[B]If I remember correctly, bouncing has to do with relative altitudes...you bounce an enemy who is at a lower altitude (and hence at a disadvantage) from a higher altitude - also means you are ambushing them (taking them by surprise). [/B][/QUOTE]

Bounce just means you catch the opponent at a disadvantage, and can attack (relatively) unmolested by their response. In effect this usually means diving on them, possibly out of the sun, probably from behind, but doesn't strictly have to.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI