Crash researching High tech (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Fat_Harry -> Crash researching High tech (4/19/2010 9:33:48 PM)

In the last 2 games i have played i have noticed some odd happenings when crash researching High Tech

The most recent example: the next research component is listed as recreation centre RC300. I crash the research and a few mintues later i receive a message telling me that colony module cl-200 has completed [&:]. The rec centre also finished researching at the same time but i didnt receive a message about that.

Had this happen several times so far but only with High Tech research. Anyone else seen this before?

OberonDark -> RE: Crash researching High tech (4/19/2010 11:34:53 PM)

The Rec centre happens to be in the same tree as the Colony module. Research, I believe, allocates points all at once (so, 5k research points every 5 minutes as an example). I believe that crash research multiplies this. This is too large of an amount, and I'm going to start a topic on that in a minute, actually. When your next research cycle came, you allocated enough points to research 2 modules in 1 cycle.

Fishman -> RE: Crash researching High tech (4/20/2010 2:01:01 AM)

If two modules are very close to each other in cost, crash research may allocate enough research into a tech line to give you both at once.

Fat_Harry -> RE: Crash researching High tech (4/20/2010 5:18:11 PM)

Ah Right. Makes sense i guess. Just seemed a little odd that i was getting 2 techs almost everytime i crashed high tech research

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI