Pacwar Photos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

pmelheck1 -> Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 12:56:09 PM)

Don't know if these have been posted before but for the folks who haven't seen them. 110 Photos of the Pacific War

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/03/18/captured-blog-the-pacific-and-adjacent-theaters/?source=ARK_plog

Grit -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 1:30:41 PM)

Thanks for posting these.

I didn't realize the Coast Guard was so involved in Amphibious Landings.

I've seen a lot of injured people in my life. But there was always an EMS unit 5 minutes away, and a trauma center close by. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like to be seriously injured in the middle of a jungle.

mbar -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 1:49:26 PM)

Thanks for posting the link. Powerful.

John Lansford -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 4:13:04 PM)

My father in law was in the Coast Guard on an attack transport; he didn't talk much about what he did but he did say the whole crew of the APA (USS Philip K Dickman) were Coast Guard.  He was a spotter on the fire control system of a 40mm quad, and was at Iwo Jima.

CarnageINC -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 4:57:11 PM)

WOW, Thanks, photos like these help greatly in my AAR [;)]

tbridges -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 10:24:39 PM)

Terrific pics. Thanks for the link!

british exil -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/21/2010 11:29:42 PM)

Great pics, showed the horrors of the war.
pic 83 was just unbelivable the marines resting, having dug their foxholes and a metre or so away lies a dead japanese soldier. For us today unbelievable but to them I suppose was just a normal thing. Death was all over.

If you have any more pics just post them. Really made me think. Thanks again.

Mat

Misconduct -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/22/2010 12:14:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Great pics, showed the horrors of the war.
pic 83 was just unbelivable the marines resting, having dug their foxholes and a metre or so away lies a dead japanese soldier. For us today unbelievable but to them I suppose was just a normal thing. Death was all over.

If you have any more pics just post them. Really made me think. Thanks again.

Mat

No kidding, I served a few years in marines and always had emotions brought back from being overseas for 4 years in iraq, but seeing those photos reminded me to much of them days, some photos happy, others terribly sad. One strikes me the most was the Live japanese soldier buried and had a live hand grenade, shock of war indeed.

Feinder -> RE: Pacwar Photos (4/22/2010 1:14:04 AM)

Coast Guard often crewed the landing craft, everything from the little Higgins boats to LSTs.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI