Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

vils -> Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race (4/27/2010 5:34:01 AM)

Well, how do i do it?

I want to play humans but i fancy other ship sets, yet i canot figure out how to make them default in the game, i wish to skip the manual part to design new ships and always select the hull from the long list..

Is this possible? Should be

feygan -> RE: Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race (4/27/2010 9:17:42 AM)

You need to change a number in the races.txt file.

Firstly copy the file from the main DW folder into customization, from there you need a new named folder which will be your "theme" then move the races.txt to this folder.

After this open the file at the top there is a description of what each column refers to. All do you from here is check in the images/ships folder for the family you want to use (families are the hulls you see ingame). Then ensure that number is written in the correct column for the race you wish to play.

Jamoid -> RE: Editor Help - setting default shipgraphics for your race (4/27/2010 10:02:27 PM)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2436614

as said above you alter the ship "family". it's at the bottom of the race editing page (design images). :}

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI