Support for Original Crown of Glory (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support

aburke -> Support for Original Crown of Glory (4/29/2010 6:27:11 PM)

I'm running Vista 64 bit and I was never able to get the detailed combat in the original Crown of Glory to run. At some point, the screen image would freeze, although the combat itself was unaffected. Meaning that I could issue orders, hear the sound of combat, etc., but I couldn't see anything. Just clicking blindly on the screen. I wanted to know if anybody experience this same problem and found a way to resolve it. I'm reluctant to buy the 2nd edition since I've never been able to get the first to run.

I'm running Nvidia 197.45 drivers on a GTS 8800 card. I have had zero problems with other games.

Sincerely,
Alan

ericbabe -> RE: Support for Original Crown of Glory (5/2/2010 4:05:14 AM)

I don't have Vista 64 so I can't comment on that operating system.  I have run both the original COG and COG:EE on Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine without any problems.

aburke -> RE: Support for Original Crown of Glory (5/3/2010 4:57:08 PM)

Are you using ATI or NVidia? If NVidia, do you happen to know the driver number? I think NVidia might use the same drivers for Windows 7 and Vista, but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
Alan

ericbabe -> RE: Support for Original Crown of Glory (5/6/2010 1:45:28 PM)

NVidia GeForce8800 GTS driver version 8.16.11.9107 on Vista.

NVidia GeForce GT 240 version 8.17.11.9562 on the Win7 machine.

aburke -> RE: Support for Original Crown of Glory (5/7/2010 5:20:19 PM)

Thanks for getting back to me. I will try it and report back to you. It is frustrating to buy a game and never be able to play it. Especially one that looks as promising as this.

Flannel -> RE: Support for Original Crown of Glory (6/1/2010 2:53:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

I don't have Vista 64 so I can't comment on that operating system.  I have run both the original COG and COG:EE on Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine without any problems.

I am trying to install CoG Emperors Edition( version 1.1?) Disk 1 installs up to the point of asking for disk 2, this one is unable to be read by the system (disk 2) On openingf it it shows a folder with text 'cdfiles' I went into properties to see if it was possible to run in a compatible mode but not so. I am able to run Norman Kroegers @Operational Art'Disk and ' Highway to the Reich' and many many other games without problems. Windows is unable to find anything on the net to read it, nor can I unzip it. My system is:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T64 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
Installed Memory 3.00 GB
32Bit Operating System

All up to date.

flannel

Gil R. -> RE: Support for Original Crown of Glory (6/1/2010 6:49:56 PM)

If you're having trouble installing that's an issue for the Matrix Help Desk (a link to which can be found through "Support" at the top of the screen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI