You can't please everyone (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Rob Roberson -> You can't please everyone (7/23/2002 7:23:59 AM)

I miss my green background..the white is blinding me :).

RayM -> (7/23/2002 7:49:13 AM)

I fired up the forum for the first time in a couple of days and....wow! A little darker background is desired. I too found nothing wrong with the previous background.

Black Cat -> Wah Happened ? (7/23/2002 9:34:46 AM)

...where are my Sun Glasses :p

Huskalator -> (7/23/2002 9:38:08 AM)

At first I said to myself "Its not that bad", then I realized I was squinting. :p

dgaad -> (7/23/2002 12:11:18 PM)

If I go blind, I'm suing someone.

MG'42 -> White! ARRRRGGHHH! (7/23/2002 12:45:38 PM)

Must be tryin' ta train us 4 winter war or something!!!

David Heath -> (7/23/2002 1:51:45 PM)

Hi Guys

We wanted to get the site so it looks the same. Give it a little time to grow on you. Everyone said the same thing about the green color when we switched to that and the black design we tried as well.

David

Rob Roberson -> lol (7/23/2002 2:30:16 PM)

You have to remember most of us are up late at night ruining our health playing this game...so the glare seems a bit more then it actually is. Of course if it will get me a beta position with [B]War in the Pacific[/B] then I will happily say what a wonderful choice you have made ;).

Rob

Marc von Martial -> (7/23/2002 2:37:52 PM)

All you guys that think itīs too bright. Finally hereīs your chance to calibrate your monitors to ICC profiles ;), helps a lot with viewing colors as theyīre intended to look like.

Also, the light look keeps you awake late at nights, so be thankfull you donīt get tricked by the AI or your PBEM opponent just because you start to snooze ;).

Sabre21 -> (7/23/2002 2:54:58 PM)

I sure am glad I ordered some new sunglasses:cool: whew! I agree..a bit bright.

Sabre21

dgaad -> (7/23/2002 3:14:43 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]Hi Guys

We wanted to get the site so it looks the same. Give it a little time to grow on you. Everyone said the same thing about the green color when we switched to that and the black design we tried as well.

David [/B][/QUOTE]

Its a secret trick to get us to talk about something other than B-17s.

Ha! We are not easily fooled. Nice try though.

dgaad -> (7/23/2002 3:17:25 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]All you guys that think itīs too bright. Finally hereīs your chance to calibrate your monitors to ICC profiles ;), helps a lot with viewing colors as theyīre intended to look like.

Also, the light look keeps you awake late at nights, so be thankfull you donīt get tricked by the AI or your PBEM opponent just because you start to snooze ;). [/B][/QUOTE]

viewing colors? VIEWING COLORS? What colors? What viewing for that matter! Wait, I'm blind! I'm going to have to get an egghead friend to switch my IE to "AudioExplorer for the Blind".

Raverdave -> (7/23/2002 4:54:50 PM)

I [COLOR=red][SIZE=4]REALLY[/SIZE][/COLOR] do not like this new colour look................it is way too bright and plain.

Most "other" BB's or forums also have a plain white background....I like the old green and before that black backgrounds, because they made this site different (and easy on the eyes).

[FONT=century gothic]I AM NOT HAPPY[/FONT] :mad:

Marc von Martial -> (7/23/2002 5:10:42 PM)

Well, [B]weīre happy[/B] to have a corporate design now ;). If (and the word "if" is stressed on) I find time within the next days, Iīll make up an alternate set for those albino types here (hehe just kidding). You can acces it from your CP then.

Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that donīt like it cry louder ;).

Raverdave -> (7/23/2002 5:25:38 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]Well, [B]weīre happy[/B] to have a corporate design now ;). If (and the word "if" is stressed on) I find time within the next days, Iīll make up an alternate set for those albino types here (hehe just kidding). You can acces it from your CP then.

Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that donīt like it cry louder ;). [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with the corporate design...it looks really cool and snazzy..........................[SIZE=1]I just don't like the white.[/SIZE];)

HARD_SARGE -> (7/23/2002 5:52:37 PM)

Hi Marc

"Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that donīt like it cry louder ."

LOL you paid for it, you better like it, sounds more like the Emperior's new Robe to me, every is scare to tell you what they really think, since you paid somebody to do it for ya

HARD_Sarge

Ahhhhhh, just don't pay em to work on any of the art work for the games, greeeeeeeeeeesh

Marc von Martial -> (7/23/2002 5:58:09 PM)

Nobody got payed for it

HARD_SARGE -> (7/23/2002 6:06:52 PM)

Hi Marc
sorry my bad, misread the home page statement (about tieing it into the store system)

Hey, looks great for free :)

HARD_Sarge

LOL sorry, I am sure it was a lot of work, but it is very ruff to get used to when you first get here

even worse after working all night

dang I can't see the TV set now, hope nothing good is on for a while

tanjman -> My 2,000 lira (7/23/2002 6:27:40 PM)

Marc,

:D I like it. I think its easier to read and on my eyes. But then I'm a vanilla kinda guy.

elmo3 -> (7/23/2002 8:07:29 PM)

FWIW I like the new color scheme.

Wilhammer -> (7/23/2002 8:07:46 PM)

I like it, it lights up my keyboard in a dark room. Makes posting late at night easier.

RevRick -> Well... (7/23/2002 8:28:46 PM)

I like it too - except for the little stripes running across the page. The color is fine, it's good for my old eyes - but those stripes remind me of girls who wear those thin stripes on their clothes which seem to make them vibrate as they walk. No, wait, they always vibrate when they walk, but this is different. Oh, well, I probably shouldn't be talking about THAT anyway.:rolleyes:

1089 -> (7/23/2002 10:06:00 PM)

Having been on this forum just a little over a year, I must admit I was confused with how the color of the forum didn't match the store. For over a year my brow has been furrowed, as I wondered, "How can this be? What is the mystery of the non-matching colors?" It really confused me, and kept me from enjoying the forum.

Now imagine, if you will, my delight and joy upon finding the new matching forum colors! The confusion is gone, everything is now so clear. And bright! So very bright! I will now be able to enjoy my forums and store experience, without that dreadful confusing color scheme that has plagued me and other newbies for so long!

It even looks like you've gone with the UV color scheme, instead of that drab olive look. My only complaint is that, because my wife and I have cats, she is frequently opening the door and letting bugs in the house. Before they would congregate around the flood lights in the kitchen, which didn't bother me too much. Now they are dive bombing my monitor! One good thing, though. I was playing UV so much, that I have barely been outside. And living in Portland, the summer is the only time you can get any kind of tan, and so one shouldn't miss the opportunity to get outside, unless pasty white is the color of choice. But now I am getting my tan, and don't have to leave my computer! Thanks, guys!

;)
kp

mbatch729 -> Tan - Try Snow Blind (7/24/2002 12:33:41 AM)

Don't want to be too negative, but looking at the screen now is like staring at the sun. Sunglasses don't help. I need some of those arc welding goggles. :eek:

Diealtekoenig -> (7/24/2002 1:05:42 AM)

I really really LIKE the new background. I can read the text much more easily.

(FWIW I generally view the screen in a normally lit room, not a darkened room).

Robert Roberson -> (7/24/2002 1:35:33 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1089
[B]Having been on this forum just a little over a year, I must admit I was confused with how the color of the forum didn't match the store. For over a year my brow has been furrowed, as I wondered, "How can this be? What is the mystery of the non-matching colors?" It really confused me, and kept me from enjoying the forum.

Now imagine, if you will, my delight and joy upon finding the new matching forum colors! The confusion is gone, everything is now so clear. And bright! So very bright! I will now be able to enjoy my forums and store experience, without that dreadful confusing color scheme that has plagued me and other newbies for so long!

It even looks like you've gone with the UV color scheme, instead of that drab olive look. My only complaint is that, because my wife and I have cats, she is frequently opening the door and letting bugs in the house. Before they would congregate around the flood lights in the kitchen, which didn't bother me too much. Now they are dive bombing my monitor! One good thing, though. I was playing UV so much, that I have barely been outside. And living in Portland, the summer is the only time you can get any kind of tan, and so one shouldn't miss the opportunity to get outside, unless pasty white is the color of choice. But now I am getting my tan, and don't have to leave my computer! Thanks, guys!

;)
kp [/B][/QUOTE]

Hilarious!

In all seriousness. I could care less (okay maybe its a little to bright) the forum colors,...remember ...a happy sailor is a bitching one!

WW2'er -> For those that don't like the new colors.. (7/24/2002 1:53:43 AM)

Would you like some cheese with that..[B]...Whine?[/B] :p

I like the new color scheme!

Carryon on Matrix.....now "brighten" our day by releasing that patch! ;)

Raverdave -> (7/24/2002 3:04:42 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diealtekoenig
[B]I really really LIKE the new background. I can read the text much more easily.

(FWIW I generally view the screen in a normally lit room, not a darkened room). [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahhhh !!!! Someone who LIVES in PM ! Maybe you can take the time to let others know on this forum whom have been questioning the weather model in UV, just how fast things can indeed change.

msaario -> (7/24/2002 3:34:09 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]

Ahhhh !!!! Someone who LIVES in PM ! Maybe you can take the time to let others know on this forum whom have been questioning the weather model in UV, just how fast things can indeed change. [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess the fact that once I was preparing a trip to PM/Lae/Rabaul does not make me an expert of the weather...:(

I realized that seven days for a trip from the US West coast to Rabaul and back would leave one non-travel day...

Besides, my dad persuaded me to go back home instead for the week...

Made it to Cairns three years ago though... :) It was really windy and rained every once in a while.

--Mikko

RevRick -> Now what the *(%^%( do you mean by THAT! (7/24/2002 6:33:57 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robert Roberson
[B]

Hilarious!

In all seriousness. I could care less (okay maybe its a little to bright) the forum colors,...remember ...a happy sailor is a bitching one! [/B][/QUOTE]

ROFLMBO (Really Can't use the A) but the meaning is the same. Boy, is that ever right!!!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI