But I don't want to assault that unit! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

rbrunsman -> But I don't want to assault that unit! (7/24/2002 3:59:24 AM)

Here's an example of the problem: I walk up to a suppressed Tiger with my M9 Bazooka team. I am adjacent to the Tiger and I want to fire my bazooka at him (high "to hit" probablility), but when I fire, the idiots try an assault instead (low "to hit" probability), the assault fails and my team is suppressed. So, instead of having 3 to 4 high probability shots, I get 1 or 2 low probability assaults.

Question: How do I make a unit NOT assault when adjacent to a hard target? The "C" button doesn't seem to work. And I've tried turning all the weapons off except for the one I want to use, but this doesn't work either.

Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Belisarius -> (7/24/2002 4:08:33 AM)

Hmm.. Z key would be my bet? :confused:

Resisti -> (7/24/2002 4:12:53 AM)

Before using the "C" button, you'll have to use the "T" (target) one.
Choose the target, but DO NOT fire, exit instead.
Then go to "C", choose yr wepon (bazooka, in this case) and fire.
The sistem is granted for shooting the desired weapon, not for scoring a kill, tough ;)

fud -> But I DON"T want to assault that unit! (7/24/2002 5:02:00 AM)

I think your question has been answered, but I have a related one......

How do you keep your infantry from assaulting a vehicle that drives next to it? I mean, there are often times when I wish my scouts or that sniper I hid would just stay put. Then some big tank drives by and they break out of concealment to assault it with a pistol and a hand grenade at a 2% chance, and of course they die foolish deaths. Is there any way I can prevent that????

TIA,

fud

chief -> (7/24/2002 7:47:19 AM)

fud set your range to (0) zero on the team and if your real quiet and well hidden they (foe) wil pass you by. You can do this by hitting the "Y" Key and then zero, enter. Don't try this after you've been spotted either or you've got a dead crew, team, scout or whatever. HTH;) :cool:

gnoccop -> (7/24/2002 2:15:41 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chief
[B]fud set your range to (0) zero on the team and if your real quiet and well hidden they (foe) wil pass you by. You can do this by hitting the "Y" Key and then zero, enter. Don't try this after you've been spotted either or you've got a dead crew, team, scout or whatever. HTH;) :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

and also turn-off all unit's weapons.

rbrunsman -> (7/24/2002 10:45:31 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]Before using the "C" button, you'll have to use the "T" (target) one.
Choose the target, but DO NOT fire, exit instead.
Then go to "C", choose yr wepon (bazooka, in this case) and fire.
The sistem is granted for shooting the desired weapon, not for scoring a kill, tough ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Resisti, thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that on VikingNo2 if he will just bring those Tigers & JPz's a little closer. ;)

I'm also happy that I asked a question that you couldn't refer me to the manual to answer. I've seen your "Read the manual" response enough to make me check there first before asking a question here. There's a bonus to looking in the manual first: You often learn something you didn't know you needed to know. If you know what I mean.:D

Belisarius -> (7/24/2002 10:55:22 PM)

Also, if you have say an AT infantry unit with mixed weapons, it's a good idea to set max range of the unit to that (or less) of the AT weapon. That way your unit can be on overwatch but won't take pot-shots at anything farther away than it can be nailed by the RPG or whatever.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI