Generals and Morale (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

LexLegis -> Generals and Morale (5/10/2010 1:07:03 PM)

I have question:

Do the boni of various leaders (generals that is) add up (stack)?

If I have

a national hero (4-stars general) with morale +1.00
an army general (3-stars general) with morale +1.00
a corps general (2-stars genera) with morale +1.00
a division general 1-star general) with morale +1.00

do I get a +4.00 on morale?

If not, which boni do apply?

Always the better one? Or the one for the container (army, corps)?

morganbj -> RE: Generals and Morale (5/11/2010 1:24:14 PM)

If my memory serves me correctly, only one leader's bonus adds to the stack. I think it's the general with the highest rank, or if tied, the one in the corect chain of command (e.g., in the container), or if not in the same container/army, then a die roll decides. Only Eric or Gil know for sure.

Kingmaker -> RE: Generals and Morale (5/12/2010 10:58:40 AM)

HiHi

BJ, does that mean in effect it's a waste of time having 1 star Gens in a Army/Corps/City container for the individual Divs?

All the Best
Peter

ericbabe -> RE: Generals and Morale (5/16/2010 5:41:59 PM)

Commander morale score is used in two primary ways during battle.  One: morale determines the rate of a general's special rally; the higher morale score, the greater the rate of special rally.  Two: if a general is directly attached to a unit, then the rate at which that unit's morale recovers while rallying is increased by a factor proportional to the general's morale score.

There are other less significant uses for general's morale scores during battle, such as prevention of panic.

Because the special rallies affect all the units within a commander's echelon, they effectively stack, though I believe the rule is that any one unit may not be special-rallied more than once per battle, so there may be some diminishing return in having all the best commanders in one echelon.

LexLegis -> RE: Generals and Morale (5/17/2010 10:40:42 PM)

As far as I noticed, a general also affects morale of units directly. A corps-commander adds his morale-bonus to all units in his corps. Is this correct?

If this is true, does a "national hero" affect units that are anywhere? Or just those units within national boundaries? Or just those he is attached to (same army)?

ericbabe -> RE: Generals and Morale (5/25/2010 5:06:37 PM)

"Heroic Leader" only modifies national morale, not the morale of units.

I rechecked the code, and I didn't see anything in the routine that assigns morale at the start of a battle that depends upon any generals' stats.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI