RE: WAW 4T (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 4:12:28 PM)

turn back to axis.

Barthheart -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 5:42:28 PM)

Turn to West

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 5:47:33 PM)

doing turn.

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 6:08:43 PM)

turn to axis.

Barthheart -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 6:22:51 PM)

No file has arrived....?

EDIT : It just showed up.

Barthheart -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 6:50:53 PM)

Turn sent to West

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 7:02:39 PM)

doing turn

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 7:18:49 PM)

turn back to axis. Nice move mr sneaky pants.

Barthheart -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 8:00:10 PM)

[8D]

Turn to West.

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 10:30:36 PM)

running turn.

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/12/2010 10:44:27 PM)

sending. Ouch :'( i'm a bit rusty but i am tenacious :)

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 12:44:30 AM)

edit (we've decided to scrap the game until monday so that play testing for the new version can be done)

82ndtrooper -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 2:04:46 AM)

I spoke with explorer last night and the fixes should be done soon

explorer2 -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 2:34:27 AM)

I've got the most important fixes completed as of 6:15 PDT, calling it T5
If any of you are watching this forum, do you want me to upload this now, or continue working on the "Potential Upcoming Changes" before I upload?
Here's the list:

T5
A. Fixes
1.Fixed China getting production bonus and tech bonus even after at war with JA

B. Rule Adjustments to Improve Balance
1. Relocated Gallipoli to south end of the strait.
2 .GE Victory Conditions Changed to 138 VP for 18 turns
(All of the continent up to Moscow except the Caucasus. Gorki, Kazan, & Caucasus no longer required. Caucasus (Astrakhan, Maikov, Grozny, Baku 1 & Baku2) & London are each worth as much as Moscow, Stalingrad, or Leningrad, so conquering London or Caucasus is an alternative to capturing one of the Soviet big 3).
3. Number of partisans that rebel in non-garrisoned SU captured cities reduced. (Ev. 112)
4. Number of total GE pp needed to keep SU from rebelling after capturing Moscow & Leningrad or Stalingrad, & after capturing Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Omsk, & Kazan increased 25%.
5. First winter of GE invasion of SU GE combat penalty changed from 75% to 50%
6. Dutch Indies joins USA instead of West when Netherlands is conquered by GE.
7. Added 1 VP to Guam & Dutch East Indies

C. Unit Changes
1. Increased Flak Immobile cost by 50%, reduced kill rate vs. bombers by 33%
2. Supply partisans can carry lowered
3. Increased Ship Hull defenses vs. Subs
4. BB & CA Bombard Strengths Increased
5. Reduced Coastal Defense strength vs. air by 50%, cost increased by 20%

D. Potential Upcoming Changes

Add Winter Effects to North Atlantic
Create mechanism for GE to create as many subs as West can create destroyers
Balance partisans that arrive in winter with existing units
Reduce XP of Chinese units
Randomize starting locations of naval units given to West/USA
Create supply mechanism for Pacific islands which historically lacked a port
Research accuracy of number of starting JA infantry

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 2:49:12 AM)

I'd say we just keep playing with a new russia & china. Tweber, cveta, grumpymel if they are interested. We can get ara in on the next game :) i don't want to just bail when germany is off to a good start. I'd be frustrated on my end of things :)

82ndtrooper -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 5:11:34 AM)

we are not far into the game at all. lets restart with the latest version that explorer has ready.  even though Germany is off to a good start the changes will be better for everyone including Germany in the long run.

Barthheart -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 12:27:31 PM)

I'm good with a restart.

Some questions about changes though:

Why reduce the 1st winter in Russia German penalty so much?

Partisans need supply? These people were living off the land/local populations... supplies should be free.

BB&CA bombardment strnegth seems fine now. Making it stronger I thnk is a bad thing.

Reduced bridge building to orignal? Maybe reduce it a bit but building a bridge across the Rhine should be a major undertaking, very difficult etc. As most rivers on teh map represent major waterways this should be difficult. Reducing it to original will make bridge busting pointless.

"Create mechanism for GE to create as many subs as West can create destroyers" not sure what this means but Germany should NOT be able to produce as many subs as the West does destroyers... that's how the West won the battle of the Atlantic.

Too many of these changes seem to make Germany stronger. Germany should have a damn hard tie winning. They had a smaller economy, fewer men, less resources. I believe right now the game is favouring the Germans too much. Look at some of the games going on right now. The Germans are steamrolling everyone else.

Just my opinions of course. Thanks for all the hard work on this Explorer2. [8D]

RufusTFirefly -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 12:52:35 PM)

I agree with the opinions of Barthheart.

Only the question how many subs Germany should be able to build is something I dont subscribe. But this is less important than the question of winter penalty, brigde building costs and bombardment strength.

Guess the reduction of winter penalty might cause an early fall of SU and will therefore throw out the player of SU very soon. This might spoil the whole game. Winter effcets in North Atlantic are a very good idea. Winter storms and heavy rain made it difficult to spot and attack enemy units. So it would be a realistic feature and make the battle for the Atlantic more challenging.

82ndtrooper -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 2:54:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

I'm good with a restart.

Some questions about changes though:

Why reduce the 1st winter in Russia German penalty so much?

Partisans need supply? These people were living off the land/local populations... supplies should be free.

BB&CA bombardment strnegth seems fine now. Making it stronger I thnk is a bad thing.

Reduced bridge building to orignal? Maybe reduce it a bit but building a bridge across the Rhine should be a major undertaking, very difficult etc. As most rivers on teh map represent major waterways this should be difficult. Reducing it to original will make bridge busting pointless.

"Create mechanism for GE to create as many subs as West can create destroyers" not sure what this means but Germany should NOT be able to produce as many subs as the West does destroyers... that's how the West won the battle of the Atlantic.

Too many of these changes seem to make Germany stronger. Germany should have a damn hard tie winning. They had a smaller economy, fewer men, less resources. I believe right now the game is favouring the Germans too much. Look at some of the games going on right now. The Germans are steamrolling everyone else.

Just my opinions of course. Thanks for all the hard work on this Explorer2. [8D]

I can answer some of these questions but not all.

1. because as it is right now the penalty plus the readiness hit from winter makes it so that the Germans cant kill the partisans that spawn. So we decided that a reduction in the combat penalty would be worth a try. Its not fair that Germans are shutdown so completely during winter that they cant even kill some partisans to keep their supply lines open. This change wont really effect Germany's ability or lack of ability to mount any kind of offense in the winter. Russia will still have 5 months to rebuild and get ready for the spring offensive.

2. I am not sure about this because it didn't come up in our discussions but I can imagine that its tied to answer number 1.

3. The bombardment increase is due to a lot of things. One of which is Japans ability to quickly capture the greater co-prosperity sphere. In real life they did this very quickly and easily and almost never had to rely on anything but landing some troops and taking over. This was in part due to the total surprise they had, which cant be reproduced in this game. The western player knows its coming and reinforces accordingly. So to help Japan especially, the Bombardment ability was raised slightly, a 15% increase only if i remember right( which is far less than I wanted [:)]). this also helps the west a little when it comes time to invade Europe.
we could talk for hours about how deadly naval 5-1/2" - 18" guns are versus land based artillery's 6" howitzers, which in this game are far more deadly than the stronger naval.
And we can discuss how they where not effective in WWII and why. ( which was mostly due to the allies wanting to keep the element of surprise much more than any reflection on their ability to reduce defenses and kill the enemy. Naval bombardment by the same WWII BB's during the Korean and Vietnam wars was very effective).

But the bottom line is this reduction hurt japan far more than any other realm and Japan is already teetering on the verge of being impossible to win with. ( has anyone ever won with Japan?)

4. Bridge Building. I don't know the reason for this ,we didn't talk about it.

5. we talked about the sub thing last night at length and I think this has been put on hold for now.

6. yes the Germans are doing much better now and they should be. They crushed everything in sight up till 1942. And their failures then and after where as much to blame on Hitlers total incompetence as anything else.

The thing to remember is that once the USA comes online the west becomes stronger than both Germany and Japan combined. The goal is to give the axis a fair chance to win. prior to this it seemed that the west won everything and won it by 1943. We want to see the games go into 1944-45 and even longer if it should work out that way.

also remember that Germany can not produce from captured cities now and they could prior to explorers version. This is a huge difference in the game.
also remember that we cant know exactly how much a certain change will effect the game until its been made and tested. But rest assured that Explorers goal is to make it fair for everyone.

on that note I personally would like to see japan get some small boosts. It seems right now that though they are fun to play they have no fair chance of winning. I think had japan not suffered such a catastrophic defeat at Midway that the battle of the pacific would have turned out a lot different.

what are everyone's thoughts on this ?

PS: please note that I claim no credit for the great job that Explorer is doing , I am just a friend that talks a lot

GrumpyMel -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 6:40:09 PM)

Japan does seem a little too weak for my liking as well...particularly compared with China.

One possible solution might be to make something like a Minor Resource location type and stick a few of them on the islands in Indonesia and the Pacific. Not really historical, but I think helpful in terms of game-play.

This could achieve a couple things...it would give Japan a slight production boost...which I think would help game play.... and it would actualy provide more of a real reason to do the island hoping campaign that was so important historicaly.

It also does seem to me from a game-play perspective that it's a little too easy for the West to get steam-rolled early on...particulary in loosing England. While the WEST should definately feel on the defensive early on in the game and not be able to project much power, it should be pretty tough to actualy KO them to a significant degree. I think it should be VERY difficult for the Axis to do an effective Sea Lion AND keep on time-table for Barbarossa at the same time.

I'd suggest a couple things...

1) Give the West a few minor supply sources (as above) in colonial areas. Some of these should be easy to capture (for JA) others not so much. This should allow the UK a bit better supply situation, which I think is still warranted, but this supply can be interrupted/interdicted if the West can't control the sea lanes.

2) Add some small Home Guard/Territorial units in UK towns and cities. These guys should be limited combat value (virtualy no offense, maybe 1/2 defense of Rifle.), non-buildable and possibly immobile but consume 0 supplies. Essentialy the idea would be to make any landing an opposed landing. The defense would be totaly beatable if you brought in fleet/air support or commited a significant landing force...but just dropping a handful of guys should be a risk whether they even gain the port or not.

3) Change the way subs work. Right now from a game-play perspective I think they are a little too good of a dual use naval unit. It allows the Axis to build up a really cheap navy that can both disrupt supply lanes and rob the West of it's navy by killing it off piecemeal. Especialy with the spread out and then converge tactic. I realize that historicaly subs DID take down capital ships but thier primary role was against merchant shipping. More importantly, from a game-play perspective...I think they are just simply too functional in too many areas.

What I would do would be to increase their hit points some (thus making them harder to kill) but reduce their attack values against surface ships. This really puts them more into an interdiction role then a navy killer role. This makes that Battle of the Atlantic more of a spread-out search and destroy battle for supply lanes.... which I think fits better from both a historical and gameplay perspective.

Just my 2 cents.... great scenerio even without any changes though.

explorer2 -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 7:14:01 PM)

Just posted 5T to scenario bank.
Wish I had time to read all these posts right now and respond in depth, but I have real life responsibilities.
But thanks for all the comments and I'll read and respond later.

explorer2 -> RE: WAW 4T (5/13/2010 7:15:25 PM)

Final List of Changes for T5

T5
A. Fixes
1.Fixed China getting production bonus and tech bonus even after at war with JA

B. Rule Adjustments to Improve Balance
1. Relocated Gallipoli to south end of the strait.
2 .GE Victory Conditions Changed to 138 VP for 18 turns
(All of the continent up to Moscow except the Caucasus. Gorki, Kazan, & Caucasus no longer required. Caucasus (Astrakhan, Maikov, Grozny, Baku 1 & Baku2) & London are each worth as much as Moscow, Stalingrad, or Leningrad, so conquering London or Caucasus is an alternative to capturing one of the Soviet big 3).
3. Number of partisans that rebel in non-garrisoned SU captured cities reduced. (Ev. 112)
4. Number of total GE pp needed to keep SU from rebelling after capturing Moscow & Leningrad or Stalingrad, & after capturing Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Omsk, & Kazan increased 25%.
5. First winter of GE invasion of SU GE combat penalty changed from 75% to 50%
6. Doubled Calais garrison in Historical Western Blitz to better facilitate a Dunkirk withdrawal.
7. Dutch Indies joins USA instead of West when Netherlands is conquered by GE.
8. Added 1 VP to Guam & Dutch East Indies
8. Added South East Asia army to JA in Bangkok when Pacific Blitz is played.

C. Unit Changes
1. Increased Flak Immobile cost by 50%, reduced kill rate vs. bombers by 33%
2. Supply partisans can carry lowered
3. Increased Ship Hull defenses vs. Subs
4. BB & CA Bombard Strengths Increased
5. Reduced Coastal Defense strength vs. air by 50%, cost increased by 20%

D. Map Changes
Added Toyama, city size 4, to main island in Japan. Increases their production.
Restored the port functions of Iwo Jima, Wake, & Midway.
. . . . .Though historically inaccurate, it allows their true use as air bases with supply.
Gave New Guinea (& its surrounding islands) to Dutch East Indies.
. . . . Better reflects historical reality that Commonwealth had no troops there until 1942.
Eliminated strait at Singapore.
. . . . No good way in AT to simulate Singapore’s total lack of water on the island.
Added RRs in South East Asia,
. . . . based on a more detailed map I found.

Last Minute Change: 3:45 pm PDT (GMT -8) May 13, 2010
Added Small City Garrisons in Plymouth, Southampton, Manchester, York, and 1 hex north of Paris, per GrumpyMel's suggestion.

explorer2 -> RE: WAW 4T (5/14/2010 12:43:05 AM)

Responses

Most Significant Complaint: All the changes have made it too easy for GE:
I don't believe this has been demonstrated at all!
I think the example people are thinking of is Tom's successful Sea Lion, followed by cveta’s successful Sea Lion. Neither of these prove anything - yet!.

a) On successful Sea Lion:
1.If it's not possible, the game is not historically plausible.
2. Tom and cveta were able to gain control of sea and air early. This was through game play I believe, not through game design issues. Without this control, Sea Lion would have failed. Nobody has said to now that West’s navy is too weak, or that their air is not historically in the ballpark. From what I could tell from the AAR's, their opponents had not placed land units in key English positions and had not taken adequate care of their navies.
3. To take a little bit of the edge off of future Sea Lions that aren’t major offenses, in 5T, if playing Historical Western Blitz, I’m adding
a) Calais gets a stronger unit in it which should make it exceedingly difficult for GE to take Calais. Thus, a Dunkirk type evacuation from the mainland is easier.
b) Grumpy Mel's suggestion to put a few immovable, low attack units in key places: North of Paris, Southampton, Plymouth, Manchester and York.
If future games clearly demonstrate that there is no adequate defense against Sea Lion anymore, I will be more than happy to make adjustments. But I think it's game play, not game design, that has made that difference.

b) On GE steamrolling SU:
Of course they are. They should! They did in history. That's just not the point. Because they couldn't finish the job.
Until we have seen an AAR where not only have they steamrolled SU, but they have also conquered and held it for 18 months, initial GE advances prove nothing. In Barthheart and my game, GE steamrolled SU, then the partisans and winter cut him to pieces and by early 1942 he had nothing left and had to surrender. I know of another game as well where the exact same thing occurred. So initial successes mean absolutely nothing.
Now the problem is, the winter historically did not kill the GE army (if they had the war would have ended like our game). Nor did the Soviet counter attack significantly kill GE forces. In fact, they didn’t even cause much of a withdrawal from positions. The winter just stopped Hitler “cold” (pun intended). And regarding Partisans, Oxford Companion to WWII states like 5 times in an article about them that their only effect was on communication lines in 1944. Partisan activity in SU was “sparse” and “extremely limited” in effect.
So clearly, I need to make adjustments. And these adjustments need to be such that it is possible, though very difficult, for GE to conquer SU AND hold it for 18 months. I haven’t seen anybody do this yet. If this becomes commonplace, I will gladly and immediately make adjustments to some of the settings to reign GE in. I just don't think it's warranted yet.

Partisan Supply: with the exception of the French and Yugos, partisans did not stay intact groups. They would meet for a mission or two then disperse themselves or be killed. They should not have long lives to be historically accurate.

BB & CA bombard strength: a much argued point. Who knows what’ best. I’m trying to find a “sweet spot” but I don’t think any setting will be perfect.

Bridge building: I could give you all the historical evidence I have found for restoring original setting, but I won’t, because I’m going to defer to Barthheart’s game play argument. Keeping it unchanged. (at least for now).

Extra GE subs: Not implemented at this time. There is an imbalance here, since West has 20K worth of shipbuilding capability and GE only 8K, and subs took very little dock space and GE could have built as many as they chose to. But again, I’ll leave that one alone.

North Atlantic Winter: I still think this is a good idea, but not going to take the trouble to implement it at this time. I know of no naval combat engagements (not counting convoy interdictions) in the winter. The seas were very rough typically. Though yes, there were calm times, it was not the norm. Hard to aim and hard to fly off a carrier deck when the decks are tossing too and fro.

West extra supply: This would require JA to be able to go to war to take them prior to war with USA. Just too ahistorical for my tastes, though a clever idea.

Japanese Extra Supply: An excellent idea, implemented (oops, I forgot to add that to the list of changes). I just couldn’t bear to do put it on one of the outer islands, too ahistorical for me, sorry. So added one of the JA oil refining cities to the map.

Home Guard Units: I still think experienced players can deal with this without extra “help” but I’m conceding and implementing Grumpy Mel’s suggestion.

Sub Changes: I’m still not convinced this is a problem. There are 2 fairly simple defenses to being surrounded by subs, and capital ships were in fact, until 1944 or so, quite vulnerable to subs. One of the major problems with AT and naval combat is the inability of subs to avoid combat (dive down). IMHO, when we see entire navies (West or GE) be destroyed quickly, it’s more about game play than game design. And subs have to have a way of killing DD’s or the game play will quickly devolve to the point of just making lots of DDs and then not even worrying about subs. Again, I’m willing to be shown the error of my ways.

So, those are my opinions. As always, I’m happy to be corrected and willing to make changes based on good evidence.

I'd also like to take this opportunity, if anyone is still reading this, to give great thanks to Barthheart and 82nd, who have given lots and lots of help to me for many many months. [&o]

RufusTFirefly -> RE: WAW 4T (5/16/2010 3:48:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: explorer2

Most Significant Complaint: All the changes have made it too easy for GE:
I don't believe this has been demonstrated at all!
I think the example people are thinking of is Tom's successful Sea Lion, followed by cveta’s successful Sea Lion. Neither of these prove anything - yet!.

a) On successful Sea Lion:
1.If it's not possible, the game is not historically plausible.
2. Tom and cveta were able to gain control of sea and air early. This was through game play I believe, not through game design issues. Without this control, Sea Lion would have failed. Nobody has said to now that West’s navy is too weak, or that their air is not historically in the ballpark. From what I could tell from the AAR's, their opponents had not placed land units in key English positions and had not taken adequate care of their navies.
3. To take a little bit of the edge off of future Sea Lions that aren’t major offenses, in 5T, if playing Historical Western Blitz, I’m adding
a) Calais gets a stronger unit in it which should make it exceedingly difficult for GE to take Calais. Thus, a Dunkirk type evacuation from the mainland is easier.
b) Grumpy Mel's suggestion to put a few immovable, low attack units in key places: North of Paris, Southampton, Plymouth, Manchester and York.
If future games clearly demonstrate that there is no adequate defense against Sea Lion anymore, I will be more than happy to make adjustments. But I think it's game play, not game design, that has made that difference.

As I was the one who lost Sea Lion against Cveta and Tweber I want to add a comment:

In both games the Axis had not to deal with Royal Navy. Cveta has eliminated it, in the game against Tweber I sent it to oversea harbours to keep it save for duties later in the game. Playing against Cveat I did not place British defenders in the right positions. This was different in the game against Tweber. There had been several units in defensive positions . But landings were done mainly at southern shores instead of landing on eastern coast. I had to protect both coastal areas and ecide where to place major part of units. Due to German landing on the Channel coast Plymouth was in danger off being cut off and had to be evacuated. Aixs got a horbour and could increase its offensive on the island. In my opinion this proves that successful Sea Lion was due to gameplay. So I agree with Explorer.

A successful Sea Lion makes it harder for the West to prevent Axis from further advance and to help SU. But it does not spoil the game, it makes it more challenging for West. So I cannt see any reason why to change settings so far that a successful Sea Lion becomes impossible. It is right that taking British islands is easier in the game than it might have been in reality. Adding some homeguards is a good way to force Axis to increase its efforts without making Sea Lion too difficult.

quote:

b) On GE steamrolling SU:
Of course they are. They should! They did in history. That's just not the point. Because they couldn't finish the job.
Until we have seen an AAR where not only have they steamrolled SU, but they have also conquered and held it for 18 months, initial GE advances prove nothing. In Barthheart and my game, GE steamrolled SU, then the partisans and winter cut him to pieces and by early 1942 he had nothing left and had to surrender. I know of another game as well where the exact same thing occurred. So initial successes mean absolutely nothing.
Now the problem is, the winter historically did not kill the GE army (if they had the war would have ended like our game). Nor did the Soviet counter attack significantly kill GE forces. In fact, they didn’t even cause much of a withdrawal from positions. The winter just stopped Hitler “cold” (pun intended). And regarding Partisans, Oxford Companion to WWII states like 5 times in an article about them that their only effect was on communication lines in 1944. Partisan activity in SU was “sparse” and “extremely limited” in effect.
So clearly, I need to make adjustments. And these adjustments need to be such that it is possible, though very difficult, for GE to conquer SU AND hold it for 18 months. I haven’t seen anybody do this yet. If this becomes commonplace, I will gladly and immediately make adjustments to some of the settings to reign GE in. I just don't think it's warranted yet.

Completely agree. I guess it will be impossible for me to stay in SU for 18 months, but as playing Axis now in game of version 5T I will try [;)]

quote:

Sub Changes: I’m still not convinced this is a problem. There are 2 fairly simple defenses to being surrounded by subs, and capital ships were in fact, until 1944 or so, quite vulnerable to subs. One of the major problems with AT and naval combat is the inability of subs to avoid combat (dive down). IMHO, when we see entire navies (West or GE) be destroyed quickly, it’s more about game play than game design. And subs have to have a way of killing DD’s or the game play will quickly devolve to the point of just making lots of DDs and then not even worrying about subs. Again, I’m willing to be shown the error of my ways.

In the game against Cveta it is a challenge for me to get superiority in Atlantic after the loss of whole Royal Navy. And this makes the game more intersting. Reducing attack values of subs would reduce challenge and therefore fun for West. And please just keep in mind that subs are useful for West as well. But it was a necessary change to increase protection of ship hulls against subs. Cveta has placed subs at canadian harbours and destroyed the ships the same moment they were deployed. Not realistic, and inhibiting any possibility for the West to take up the fight for the Atlantic. I had to build a lot of dive bombers to force the Germans subs to stay in some distance. But I have to wait several turns til my navy is strong enough to set sail and try to break the blockade of the sub chain.

All in all good improvement of an already great scenario. Thanks!! [:)] [&o]

RufusTFirefly -> RE: WAW 4T (5/16/2010 4:21:51 PM)

Just a word on historical accuracy:

Maybe a successful Sea Lion and a successful Barbarossa are not very realistic. But making Sea Lion very difficult or even impossible would cause always an early loss of the game for Axis. Axis would not e able to make it to 44 or 45. That is not really historical accurate (and less fun in gameplay).

cveta -> RE: WAW 4T (5/16/2010 11:09:50 PM)

Nice changes all in all.
But to coment so far new wersion we started -
Norway attacked by Axis - change was

"7. Dutch Indies joins USA instead of West when Netherlands is conquered by GE. "

At the moment I am able to play with all netherland forces. I add soem reinfocements to Burma, Borneo, ECT. Will they stay inactive once when Netherland fell to Germans?

Second thing . I just spoted ans sinked German subs near Sicily??? They pass thru Giblartar? I thought that this is impassible in the game

And last thing for now - Costal batteries air defence reduced? Is this thrue. I read it somewere. If yes I need to defend London much better.

explorer2 -> RE: WAW 4T (5/17/2010 1:42:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cveta
"7. Dutch Indies joins USA instead of West when Netherlands is conquered by GE.
At the moment I am able to play with all netherland forces. I add soem reinfocements to Burma, Borneo, ECT. Will they stay inactive once when Netherland fell to Germans?"

Yes, they will disappear from view and ability to play (kind of like Vichy) until Pacific Blitz card played. Then they will join the West and on first turn of Pacific Blitz receive a 100% readiness reduction.

quote:

Second thing . I just spoted ans sinked German subs near Sicily??? They pass thru Giblartar? I thought that this is impassible in the game

It was, post of changes notes that map has changed to be more accurate in that regard. Gibraltar becomes far more important now.

quote:

And last thing for now - Costal batteries air defence reduced? Is this thrue. I read it somewere. If yes I need to defend London much better.

Yes, as in post 4 posts above this one, coastal batteries attack power versus air reduced 50%. They still have very hight hit points, which is necessary for them to be able to defend against BB's, but they have now have even lower attack versus air. to defend a city versus air you should be having either flak or fighters, not coastal defenses: those are for defending the coast (sea) not the air.

Barthheart -> WAW 4T - now WaW 5t (5/17/2010 3:03:07 PM)

This game has been restarted now.

Turn to West.

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T - now WaW 5t (5/17/2010 5:01:28 PM)

Btw we're looking for a russian/china player. I'm going to poke a couple people to see if someone wants to take over for ara. Russia/China haven't run a turn yet so it's a clean slate.

bwheatley -> RE: WAW 4T - now WaW 5t (5/17/2010 7:12:26 PM)

doing turn.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI