difference between an AP and a AK ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Antonius -> difference between an AP and a AK ? (7/25/2002 2:58:30 PM)

I'm still quite low in the learning curve of the game...
One of the things I haven't yet figured out is what the difference is between an AP and a AK in game terms

Reg -> (7/25/2002 3:32:00 PM)

Have a look at the speed of the two classes. The troop transports (AP) are much faster most being converted passenger liners while the AK are plain old cargo freighters.

Also have a look at the carrying capacity of the ships when you make up your transport task forces.

Cheers,
Reg.

Huskalator -> (7/25/2002 11:19:17 PM)

Reg is right except the APs are the cargo transports and the AKs are the troop transports.

Admiral DadMan -> (7/25/2002 11:33:13 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deep Breakfast
[B]Reg is right except the APs are the cargo transports and the AKs are the troop transports. [/B][/QUOTE]No baby puppy, I am afraid that you are the one with it backwards...

Spooky -> (7/25/2002 11:35:35 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deep Breakfast
[B]Reg is right except the APs are the cargo transports and the AKs are the troop transports. [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure ?????

AK are ships like for instance the Liberty ships - and I would rather call them cargo transports rather than troop transports !

Ron Saueracker -> (7/26/2002 1:38:37 AM)

APs are transports, AKs are cargo vessels. APAs are attack transports designed to offload their personnel via landing craft along the sides of the ship. AKAs are attack transports designed to offload their cargo the same way as APAs.

Huskalator -> (7/26/2002 2:29:29 AM)

Lol, thanks for correcting me guys.

In the words of Homer Simpson "DOH!"

Reg -> (7/26/2002 4:39:12 PM)

If you are interested in what a AP looks like, the following link points to a very good site on the SS President Coolidge (which is in the UV database by the way) and it's unfortunate demise at Vanuatu (Luganville).

[URL=http://members.ozemail.com.au/~diving/articles/coolmain.htm]President Coolidge Dive Site[/URL]

Cheers,
Reg.

strollen -> (7/27/2002 3:33:54 AM)

Is it my imagine or do supplies actually load and unload faster on AKs and troops work better on APs?

Bulldog61 -> (7/27/2002 6:34:24 AM)

Supplies load and unload faster on AK's, while troops load/unload faster on AP's. At least that's what I've observed.

Mike

siRkid -> (7/27/2002 6:49:20 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reg
[B]If you are interested in what a AP looks like, the following link points to a very good site on the SS President Coolidge (which is in the UV database by the way) and it's unfortunate demise at Vanuatu (Luganville).

[URL=http://members.ozemail.com.au/~diving/articles/coolmain.htm]President Coolidge Dive Site[/URL]

Cheers,
Reg. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice site thanks for the link.

Rick

Gustaf -> (7/27/2002 9:54:09 AM)

Fascinating link Reg... thanks.

Gus

chrisp -> (7/30/2002 1:30:57 AM)

Can someone confirm that cargo loads faster on AKs and troops on APs?

Come to that, what about things like LCVPs, LSTs, LCMs, and so on. Are these vessels better at amphib warfare than APs? Do they unload troops faster over a beach? Or are they just extra hulls?

Chris P.
Zuikaku-slayer, Enterprise-Loser

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI